Crumbling Reich: A Weimar Republic Game (Signup Thread) (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 19, 2024, 09:19:32 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Election and History Games (Moderator: Dereich)
  Crumbling Reich: A Weimar Republic Game (Signup Thread) (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Crumbling Reich: A Weimar Republic Game (Signup Thread)  (Read 11131 times)
Kingpoleon
Atlas Star
United States

« on: June 30, 2020, 05:51:54 PM »

I would like to play Artur Mahraun, the leader of the Wandervogel, with hundreds of thousands of followers.
Kingpoleon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #1 on: June 30, 2020, 06:52:15 PM »

Wikimedia Commons

Custom Character Application

Character Name: Artur Mahraun, German State Party leader
Character Age: 41(b. December 30, 1890)
Character Gender: Male
Character Appearance:
Character Party (if military, provide their ideological sympathies): German State Party
Character Traits (keep it balanced and interesting):
Character Bio:
Mahraun was born to a city councilman in Kassel, Prussia. He served in World War One with some distinction, after the war founding a semi-militant group dedicated to nature and the outdoors, to German culture. Mahraun is unusual on many levels: he has gathered support from rural farmers and urban workers by combining a certain German nationalism with a degree of liberalism. Nearly 300,000 loyal followers, and many more admirers, have backed him for years. Rejecting revolution, as advocated by others, he has advocated reconciliation with France, the British, and Poland. Many overseas have called him “The last hope of the German people,” and perhaps the last true alternative to Hitler or Thalmann. He is certainly the only other figure with a significant following.

He has proposed recently a compromise, to reinstate Wilhelm II as Kaiser and to restore the other kings and dukes under him as constitutional figures. Mahraun has been an unhesitating opponent of Hitler since 1923, and he has recently allied himself with the German Democratic Party to form the German State Party. Whether he will be made its leader, and whether he can ever hope to succeed electorally remains to be seen.*
Other Character Info: A leader of the Wandervogel movement, sometimes called the German Scouting movement. Mahraun has reached out, to everyday Germans, to church leaders and military members, to everyone from labor workers to Jewish capitalists. If a broad coalition can coalesce around him, his followers and their admirers in the military may soon rule Germany.

*Mahraun is a historical, little known figure. If he is the leader of the German State Party now, let me know and I will fix that.
Kingpoleon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #2 on: August 02, 2020, 02:36:50 PM »

This question is of vital importance to the current proposal

So I’d like to hear out GotFan and Devout Centrist too

Legally, a majority of all non-abstaining votes would pass the motion.
Kingpoleon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #3 on: August 12, 2020, 08:57:28 PM »

One character has elected to hold up the formation of the government. Otherwise, it’s almost formed.
Kingpoleon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #4 on: August 12, 2020, 10:17:28 PM »

Kurt von Schleicher is whisked away to a plane, and for now at least is gone from the main scene of the game.

Paul von Hindenburg realizes he has very little control of who comes and who goes among his advisors

I entirely feel the President's pain.

Yes, you almost lost your right hand from the Cabinet. Tongue
Kingpoleon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #5 on: August 12, 2020, 11:14:45 PM »

I will ask that we slow the gears down for the next day

Let’s let everyone calm and recalculate the situation

Strongly seconded. There's a lot of chaos and I think we all need time to process all of it (particularly when accounting for the additional chaos in other games).

I’m fine with it.
Kingpoleon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #6 on: August 28, 2020, 12:21:42 AM »

RIP indeed.

I convinced KaiserDave to let Hitler die of his wounds, as I don't believe Hitler would have survived unless the putsch was successful. Another militia or the Reichswehr would have finished him off.

A song in tribute of the fallen Führer:
https://youtu.be/wvM_JpqViBA
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies