Vice-Presidential Debate Live Commentary Thread (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 20, 2024, 03:15:11 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2012 Elections
  Vice-Presidential Debate Live Commentary Thread (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Vice-Presidential Debate Live Commentary Thread  (Read 16609 times)
Vosem
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 8.13, S: -6.09

« on: October 11, 2012, 10:31:37 PM »

Obama's bleeding stops, I think but probably no gains, I think. I honestly think Biden won overwhelmingly -- he came off as much more certain, more precise, more authoritative, and more coherent, and he also seemed to come off as winning judging by Facebook comments. Somewhat pleasant surprise to see Ryan leading any of the actual polling. Can't say exactly what the map is right now, as certain states have not been polled enough and in other states there's weird sh**t going on, but Obama had a lead before this debate of 281 electoral votes while Romney maintained a PV lead of less than 1% -- I'm putting the map up for posterity:

What happens next I don't know. If Biden can get a tiny bounce out of this, Ds will pick up Colorado and Virginia. If Ryan can, Ohio is next on the R list, and maybe Ryan specifically could provoke a Wisconsin reaction. I'm increasingly certain Ohio will be the tipping point state (I remember I was convinced, in the latter days of 2011, that it would be NH...)
Vosem
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: October 11, 2012, 11:08:07 PM »

You aren't a Democrat, Bush. E party didn't leave you. You left the party and drank too much tea.

Er, if you want to occasionally win in places like Oklahoma, you need to have guys like Bushie on your side. And until recently enough, you did. Then, yes, the party left them. I don't understand the tea reference, but I will comment that I drink tea regularly and I don't believe there's a 'too much'. It's like coffee except it tastes good.

It's ok though. Just wait a few more weeks and you guys will see the truth. Election day cant come soon enough.

Certainly.

Further proof that all the Republicans who claim Dems are anti civil rights and point to segregation are full of it. All those segregationist Dems and their descendants now vote Republican.

You're accusing Bushie of being a segregationist?

S +3.48 and a Democrat. I laughed hardd when I saw that.

I laughed hardd when I read your post, not gonna lie.

We don't need you any more, Bush. You can change your avatar.

Depends on what 'we' you're referring to; certainly the Democratic Party of Oklahoma needs Bushie and people like him. Obviously he has the physical power to change his avatar; nobody's doubting that.

No, they're not. Demographics are in favor of an election that comes out exactly 50/50. And that's never going to change without the rise of a major third party -- as is, if demographics are shifting towards one party or the other (they're not really, but if they were to), the parties shift so that the election stays 50/50. That's the American system, pretty much.
Vosem
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: October 11, 2012, 11:18:22 PM »

Just a comment: why would a Northeast Democrat ever care about Democrats winning in Oklahoma?

I assume they would care about Democrats winning across the board.

Hi Jacob, welcome to the forum.

You may not know this, but people enjoy being treated with respect and not being shat on over differences of opinion. You might be interested in remembering that if you hope to endear yourself to anyone other than your mother.

Thanks.

I've been a member here for almost nine years. You've been a member for a little over 6 months. Just because I post sporadically and with much lower frequency than you do doesn't mean that I need an introduction. I've gotten PMs from Dems on here thanking me for standing up to trolls like the one that came on and accused Obama of being a Kenyan Muslim.

Wow, you stood up to Obamalite. That's very impressive.
Vosem
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #3 on: October 11, 2012, 11:36:32 PM »

Tea party reference. And we don't need Oklahoma in national politics. It is a lost cause. I don't care about Oklahoma state politics.

How tolerant and open-minded of you.

You said he's a Southern Democrat that votes Republican.
Most of these folks descend from Yellow Dog Democrats who were supporters of segregation.

I'm descended from CPSU members and support Republicans...

I grew up in the Mississippi Delta before moving away for college, so I know all about it.

Congratulations.

Demographics are not on your side.

Neither are they on yours...

Texas will be a leans Democratic state by 2024 thanks to your party's hard line on undocumented Americans.

Could you explain how exactly Texas will do this?

Obama will win 70% of the Latino vote and 95% of the black vote on November 6th. He'll once again win voters 18-29 and 30-45, and he'll win women.

Yes. But it doesn't mean he'll win.

Your party is increasingly becoming a party of old, white men.

On the contrary; it started off that way, but it's becoming less so. 2010 saw black and Hispanic Republicans elected to Congress and to Governorships; there are now more female Republican Governors than Democrats.

Obama expanded the map in 2008 when he became the first Dem to carry Virginia in almost half a century. Why? Young, college educated voters. Hispanic and black voters.

OK.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies