Biden will not expand vaxx mandates, but he will tighten mask rules (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 19, 2024, 01:01:49 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Biden will not expand vaxx mandates, but he will tighten mask rules (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Biden will not expand vaxx mandates, but he will tighten mask rules  (Read 1755 times)
Green Line
Junior Chimp
United States

« on: December 02, 2021, 07:07:19 PM »

I am glad to see that he is only extending the mask mandate through this winter until March 18.  After which, it should expire for good. 

El. Oh. El.
Green Line
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #1 on: December 03, 2021, 09:47:57 AM »

People who have been fully vaccinated and who have had a booster shot should not have to wear masks for any reason.

At least until 6 months from now when the High Priest declares you need a 4th shot, in which case 3 shot folks, put those masks back on.  Rinse and repeat every couple months.
Green Line
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #2 on: December 03, 2021, 11:03:49 AM »

https://www.reuters.com/article/health-coronavirus-variant-dutch-flights/dutch-say-large-majority-of-62-flight-passengers-with-covid-were-vaccinated-idUKS8N2LZ09W

"A “large majority” of 62 passengers on two flights from South Africa who tested positive for COVID-19 shortly after arrival in the Netherlands on Nov. 26 had been vaccinated, Dutch authorities said on Thursday."

Vaccines that don't prevent transmission, but we need vaccine passports in public spaces to protect the vaccinated from... something.

Hint:  Its not about the virus.
Green Line
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #3 on: December 03, 2021, 12:43:47 PM »

https://www.reuters.com/article/health-coronavirus-variant-dutch-flights/dutch-say-large-majority-of-62-flight-passengers-with-covid-were-vaccinated-idUKS8N2LZ09W

"A “large majority” of 62 passengers on two flights from South Africa who tested positive for COVID-19 shortly after arrival in the Netherlands on Nov. 26 had been vaccinated, Dutch authorities said on Thursday."

Vaccines that don't prevent transmission, but we need vaccine passports in public spaces to protect the vaccinated from... something.

Hint:  Its not about the virus.

What do you personally think it is about? Mass surveillance? I’m not asking to mock, I’m genuinely curious.

Power and control, like most things in life.  Bureaucrats, politicians, and even the general public are all guilty of it.  "You're not going to take the shot even though we demand it?  Okay, then you lose your right to go out."

The public was sold on a vaccine that would end the pandemic.  When it turned out to not be true, naturally they look for a whipping boy.  It has to be somebodys fault.  Politicians are more than happy to oblige and point them in the right direction.
Green Line
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #4 on: December 03, 2021, 06:45:53 PM »

What do you personally think it is about? Mass surveillance? I’m not asking to mock, I’m genuinely curious.

Power and control, like most things in life.  Bureaucrats, politicians, and even the general public are all guilty of it.  "You're not going to take the shot even though we demand it?  Okay, then you lose your right to go out."

The public was sold on a vaccine that would end the pandemic.  When it turned out to not be true, naturally they look for a whipping boy.  It has to be somebodys fault.  Politicians are more than happy to oblige and point them in the right direction.

The pandemic would be over if we had a 100% vaccination rate. Thanks primarily to conservatives, we won't ever get to 100%.

Such a ridiculous statement.  No, it would not be over.  It spreads quite easily within fully vaccinated persons.  At any rate, there was never any expectation that literally "100%" of the population would be vaccinated at any point in time, so you lamenting it is just trolling.  Some people can't get it to due medical exemptions.  To top it all off, the vaccine is so ineffective after 6 months that it needs a booster.  Good luck revaccinating 100% of the population every 6 months indefinitely.  Its just laughable.
Green Line
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #5 on: December 03, 2021, 06:58:31 PM »

Power and control, like most things in life.  Bureaucrats, politicians, and even the general public are all guilty of it.  "You're not going to take the shot even though we demand it?  Okay, then you lose your right to go out."

The public was sold on a vaccine that would end the pandemic.  When it turned out to not be true, naturally they look for a whipping boy.  It has to be somebodys fault.  Politicians are more than happy to oblige and point them in the right direction.

The pandemic would be over if we had a 100% vaccination rate. Thanks primarily to conservatives, we won't ever get to 100%.

Such a ridiculous statement.  No, it would not be over.  It spreads quite easily within fully vaccinated persons.  At any rate, there was never any expectation that literally "100%" of the population would be vaccinated at any point in time, so you lamenting it is just trolling.  Some people can't get it to due medical exemptions.  To top it all off, the vaccine is so ineffective after 6 months that it needs a booster.  Good luck revaccinating 100% of the population every 6 months indefinitely.  Its just laughable.

It's not "over" because a quarter million unvaccinated people (and counting Sad ) have died despite having opportunity not to. It wouldn't matter if there were still the occasional breakthrough case in a 100% vaccinated environment (which I've always clarified would not include the sliver of people with legitimate medical exceptions, so quit embarrassing yourself by playing that card), because they would be extremely rare, nonfatal, and usually asymptomatic anyway.

If everyone (oh noes is Harry breaking from his pattern and not excluding the people with legitimate medical exemptions??!!!111one) were vaccinated, we would have moved on months ago. The sh!t tier humans you're defending are the cause of all of your COVID woes, not the people who did the right thing and got vaccinated.

Clearly, this is not the case because I could live in Florida, Texas, or many other red states and not live under punishing mandates.  Therefore, my “woes” are clearly coming from the political arena rather than the medical one.  Sorry you dont understand this still.  Politicians decide when it is and is not over.
Green Line
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #6 on: December 03, 2021, 07:15:43 PM »

It's not "over" because a quarter million unvaccinated people (and counting Sad ) have died despite having opportunity not to. It wouldn't matter if there were still the occasional breakthrough case in a 100% vaccinated environment (which I've always clarified would not include the sliver of people with legitimate medical exceptions, so quit embarrassing yourself by playing that card), because they would be extremely rare, nonfatal, and usually asymptomatic anyway.

If everyone (oh noes is Harry breaking from his pattern and not excluding the people with legitimate medical exemptions??!!!111one) were vaccinated, we would have moved on months ago. The sh!t tier humans you're defending are the cause of all of your COVID woes, not the people who did the right thing and got vaccinated.

Clearly, this is not the case because I could live in Florida, Texas, or many other red states and not live under punishing mandates.  Therefore, my “woes” are clearly coming from the political arena rather than the medical one.  Sorry you dont understand this still.  Politicians decide when it is and is not over.

There wouldn't be any "punishing" (LOL) mandates anywhere by now if everyone had just gotten vaccinated in the first half of 2021. Blame them, not the people trying desperately to lessen the death rate.

250,000 (and counting) Americans dead because they chose not to get a shot that would have almost certainly saved their lives.

Nah.  I'll blame the politicans making the bad decisions, not random people who have no control over the pandemic response.
Green Line
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #7 on: December 03, 2021, 07:20:54 PM »

People have had ample time to get vaccinated. There should be no mask or vaccination requirements.

But infections are still happening. What else would you suggest we do to curb the virus?

Nothing.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies