Biden will not expand vaxx mandates, but he will tighten mask rules
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 19, 2024, 12:35:24 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Biden will not expand vaxx mandates, but he will tighten mask rules
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3
Author Topic: Biden will not expand vaxx mandates, but he will tighten mask rules  (Read 1754 times)
DaleCooper
Atlas Icon

P P P
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: December 03, 2021, 09:58:00 AM »

People who have been fully vaccinated and who have had a booster shot should not have to wear masks for any reason.

Hold on now, what about those evil under-vaccinated people who only took two shots. Are they now under the same rules as the even eviler unvaccinated?

The new "moderate" position on pandemic regulations will be that you can get back to life as normal so long as you have had the most recent booster shot. Soon "anti-vax" will refer to people who haven't gotten their 4th booster shots.
Lmao what bull**it. Get over your paranoia soon please.

I'm right and I'll be proven right.
It’s so Joever
Forumlurker161
Atlas Icon

« Reply #26 on: December 03, 2021, 10:01:46 AM »

People who have been fully vaccinated and who have had a booster shot should not have to wear masks for any reason.

Hold on now, what about those evil under-vaccinated people who only took two shots. Are they now under the same rules as the even eviler unvaccinated?

The new "moderate" position on pandemic regulations will be that you can get back to life as normal so long as you have had the most recent booster shot. Soon "anti-vax" will refer to people who haven't gotten their 4th booster shots.

Yeah, Nebraska avatars never get Covid right, this isn’t a new pattern. It’s not your fault, must be something in the corn.
DaleCooper
Atlas Icon

P P P
« Reply #27 on: December 03, 2021, 10:15:22 AM »

Yeah, Nebraska avatars never get Covid right, this isn’t a new pattern. It’s not your fault, must be something in the corn.

When do you think that they'll finally stop moving the goalposts on when life can return to normal? And why do you think it will stop at a certain booster shot or at a certain milestone?
ElectionsGuy
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: 7.10, S: -7.65

P P
« Reply #28 on: December 03, 2021, 10:47:44 AM »
« Edited: December 03, 2021, 10:51:29 AM by ElectionsGuy »

Idaho's population is 45.3% fully vaccinated; second lowest in the nation behind West Virginia. We need to get vaccinated. I'm sick of suffering because of other people's stupidity.

What exactly are you suffering from because some others out there are not making the same choice you are? Covid infections? Mandatory masks? (doubt in Idaho)

Yes? The more people that are unvaccinated the higher the chance of a breakthrough case (which, while unlikely, becomes a lot more of a risk when every other person you encounter is a potential risk) and more importantly, increases the risk of mutations that can potentially make the vaccine less effective or even worthless. You're post is as good a point as saying "What exactly are you suffering from because some others out there are not making the same choices to drive sober as you are? Car accidents?" The answer is a very obvious yes.

If you're anti mandate, you're anti-vax. There's no way to get around that

That's an obvious false equivalency and you know it. The proper equivalency would be driving drunk = out in public infected with covid. The left's logic here is to assume those that are unvaccinated are necessarily spreading covid when the vast majority of them are not infected at any one time (and many of them have a natural immunity to the virus, akin to a vaccinated person). And if anything, it's vaccinated people who are more likely to go out infected because their symptoms are more likely to be mild/unnoticeable. The fact that vaccinated people can still spread covid completely rebukes an ethical call (by 2019 standard, at least) for universal vaccine mandates and passports, since there's no guarantee of the virus subsiding (just look at >80% vaccinated Europe right now) and every individual has unique risk factors and unique medical histories. But I know the left does not value individualism. What's sad is that groups like the ACLU used to agree with me too, until they became Democratic Party activists.
It’s so Joever
Forumlurker161
Atlas Icon

« Reply #29 on: December 03, 2021, 10:50:22 AM »

When do you think that they'll finally stop moving the goalposts on when life can return to normal? And why do you think it will stop at a certain booster shot or at a certain milestone?
The only way the goalposts have been moved is against action lmfao. Imagine showing someone in March 2020 the number of infections per day and then what we are doing. Don’t be disingenuous.
SWE
SomebodyWhoExists
Atlas Icon
United States

P P P
« Reply #30 on: December 03, 2021, 11:00:46 AM »

Idaho's population is 45.3% fully vaccinated; second lowest in the nation behind West Virginia. We need to get vaccinated. I'm sick of suffering because of other people's stupidity.

What exactly are you suffering from because some others out there are not making the same choice you are? Covid infections? Mandatory masks? (doubt in Idaho)

Yes? The more people that are unvaccinated the higher the chance of a breakthrough case (which, while unlikely, becomes a lot more of a risk when every other person you encounter is a potential risk) and more importantly, increases the risk of mutations that can potentially make the vaccine less effective or even worthless. You're post is as good a point as saying "What exactly are you suffering from because some others out there are not making the same choices to drive sober as you are? Car accidents?" The answer is a very obvious yes.

If you're anti mandate, you're anti-vax. There's no way to get around that

That's an obvious false equivalency and you know it. The proper equivalency would be driving drunk = out in public infected with covid. The left's logic here is to assume those that are unvaccinated are necessarily spreading covid when the vast majority of them are not infected at any one time (and many of them have a natural immunity to the virus, akin to a vaccinated person). And if anything, it's vaccinated people who are more likely to go out infected because their symptoms are more likely to be mild/unnoticeable. The fact that vaccinated people can still spread covid completely rebukes an ethical call (by 2019 standard, at least) for universal vaccine mandates and passports, since there's no guarantee of the virus subsiding (just look at >80% vaccinated Europe right now) and every individual has unique risk factors and unique medical histories. But I know the left does not value individualism. What's sad is that groups like the ACLU used to agree with me too, until they became Democratic Party activists.
I guesa this would make sense if you were antivaxx but taking a covid test every morning before you leave your house. Not a particularly useful standard for the real world, but nobody ever accused antivaxxers of living there.
Green Line
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #31 on: December 03, 2021, 11:03:49 AM »

https://www.reuters.com/article/health-coronavirus-variant-dutch-flights/dutch-say-large-majority-of-62-flight-passengers-with-covid-were-vaccinated-idUKS8N2LZ09W

"A “large majority” of 62 passengers on two flights from South Africa who tested positive for COVID-19 shortly after arrival in the Netherlands on Nov. 26 had been vaccinated, Dutch authorities said on Thursday."

Vaccines that don't prevent transmission, but we need vaccine passports in public spaces to protect the vaccinated from... something.

Hint:  Its not about the virus.
Hermit For Peace
hermit
Junior Chimp

« Reply #32 on: December 03, 2021, 12:19:26 PM »

I don't know the answer to that. Why did they think we needed boosters? You are not evil. You are doing your part. I think boosters is overkill, unless you are old and immunocompromised like I am.
Mr. Reactionary
blackraisin
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 5.45, S: -3.35

« Reply #33 on: December 03, 2021, 12:24:52 PM »

https://www.reuters.com/article/health-coronavirus-variant-dutch-flights/dutch-say-large-majority-of-62-flight-passengers-with-covid-were-vaccinated-idUKS8N2LZ09W

"A “large majority” of 62 passengers on two flights from South Africa who tested positive for COVID-19 shortly after arrival in the Netherlands on Nov. 26 had been vaccinated, Dutch authorities said on Thursday."

Vaccines that don't prevent transmission, but we need vaccine passports in public spaces to protect the vaccinated from... something.

If the vaccines work so great, why should we give a damn if other people aren't vaccinated? If the vaccines dont work, why should we force people to take them? The covid nazis wont be satisfied until no one is allowed out of their matrix pod.
MT Treasurer
IndyRep
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #34 on: December 03, 2021, 12:32:14 PM »

Hint:  Its not about the virus.

What do you personally think it is about? Mass surveillance? I’m not asking to mock, I’m genuinely curious.
Green Line
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #35 on: December 03, 2021, 12:43:47 PM »

What do you personally think it is about? Mass surveillance? I’m not asking to mock, I’m genuinely curious.

Power and control, like most things in life.  Bureaucrats, politicians, and even the general public are all guilty of it.  "You're not going to take the shot even though we demand it?  Okay, then you lose your right to go out."

The public was sold on a vaccine that would end the pandemic.  When it turned out to not be true, naturally they look for a whipping boy.  It has to be somebodys fault.  Politicians are more than happy to oblige and point them in the right direction.
Mr. Reactionary
blackraisin
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #36 on: December 03, 2021, 12:47:40 PM »

Mass surveillance for sure. Redistribution of income towards certain well connected elite corporations. Weaning us towards global warming alarmist policies.
Junior Chimp

« Reply #37 on: December 03, 2021, 12:50:01 PM »

https://thehill.com/policy/healthcare/584166-manchin-to-vote-to-nix-bidens-vaccine-mandate-for-larger-businesses
It's the 100+ Employer Vaccine Mandate!
Calthrina950
Atlas Icon
United States

P P
« Reply #38 on: December 03, 2021, 12:54:47 PM »

Mass surveillance for sure. Redistribution of income towards certain well connected elite corporations. Weaning us towards global warming alarmist policies.

Although I'm someone who does take climate change seriously, I have noticed that the media has been paying an extensive amount of attention to it recently, even with the pandemic ongoing. I recall the stories last year, when most of the developed world was under lockdown, about how nature seemed to be in recovery, and that we had a view of what things could be like if we cut back on carbon emissions. Of course, a reduction in emissions only occurred because businesses were closed and people had their rights of movement restricted due to the public health emergency.
Hermit For Peace
hermit
Junior Chimp

« Reply #39 on: December 03, 2021, 12:56:44 PM »

If the vaccines work so great, why should we give a damn if other people aren't vaccinated? If the vaccines dont work, why should we force people to take them? The covid nazis wont be satisfied until no one is allowed out of their matrix pod.

You have some good points.
Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.87, S: -3.83

P P
« Reply #40 on: December 03, 2021, 01:03:33 PM »

Anyone who's interested in the reality we actually live in rather than in furthering this or that political narrative should be able to hold a couple different ideas in their mind:
1. No, vaccines aren't a magic bullet and there's no end in sight for the pandemic as long as new and more contagious variants keep emerging (which is something we seem to have no ability to control).
2. Getting vaccinated, wearing a mask, etc. still minimizes the likelihood of severe illness, and people who refuse to do this bare minimum have no right to complain about the state of the pandemic.
3. That aside, we do need to start learning to live with the virus, and we should probably avoid the kind of extreme containment policies which at this point do more harm than good.

It's not that f**king hard.
Mercenary

Political Matrix
E: -3.94, S: -2.70

« Reply #41 on: December 03, 2021, 01:12:41 PM »

Should be a mask mandate, strict occupancy guidelines and mandatory vaccinations for basically any indoor activity. Sure you can refuse vaccination but that means no doing basically anytjing other than staying in your home or going for a walk outside. I include grocery stores on this. Want groceries but refuse vaccination? Use the curb side pickup option. Only when we are serious will anything change. Government response has beena  joke. This all should have been done in March 2020.
GM Team Member and Deputy PPT WB
weatherboy1102
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.61, S: -7.83

P
WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #42 on: December 03, 2021, 01:13:29 PM »

The only valid reason I can think of right now would be hospitals; but that's about it.

I only do currently because I have some friends who are immuno-compromised or unvaccinated as of now
Calthrina950
Atlas Icon
United States

P P
« Reply #43 on: December 03, 2021, 01:26:55 PM »

Should be a mask mandate, strict occupancy guidelines and mandatory vaccinations for basically any indoor activity. Sure you can refuse vaccination but that means no doing basically anytjing other than staying in your home or going for a walk outside. I include grocery stores on this. Want groceries but refuse vaccination? Use the curb side pickup option. Only when we are serious will anything change. Government response has beena  joke. This all should have been done in March 2020.

Would it not be better for there to be a vaccination mandate instead of a mask mandate? Why should vaccinated people still be required to wear masks, particularly if everyone in a particular setting or at a particular business must be vaccinated? And by "strict occupancy guidelines", do you mean capacity restrictions? Social distancing requirements? That's what transpired last year.
Harry
Atlas Superstar
Ukraine

« Reply #44 on: December 03, 2021, 05:26:18 PM »

Power and control, like most things in life.  Bureaucrats, politicians, and even the general public are all guilty of it.  "You're not going to take the shot even though we demand it?  Okay, then you lose your right to go out."

The public was sold on a vaccine that would end the pandemic.  When it turned out to not be true, naturally they look for a whipping boy.  It has to be somebodys fault.  Politicians are more than happy to oblige and point them in the right direction.

The pandemic would be over if we had a 100% vaccination rate. Thanks primarily to conservatives, we won't ever get to 100%.
Harry
Atlas Superstar
Ukraine

« Reply #45 on: December 03, 2021, 05:27:08 PM »

Would it not be better for there to be a vaccination mandate instead of a mask mandate? Why should vaccinated people still be required to wear masks, particularly if everyone in a particular setting or at a particular business must be vaccinated? And by "strict occupancy guidelines", do you mean capacity restrictions? Social distancing requirements? That's what transpired last year.

People will flip their sh**t 10x as much over a vaccine mandate as over a mask mandate.
Santander
Atlas Star
United Kingdom

Political Matrix
E: 4.00, S: 2.61

« Reply #46 on: December 03, 2021, 05:32:40 PM »

Mandating vaccines to participate in society, like many countries in Europe have done, is the only way out of this. I'm disappointed, but not very surprised; Biden's got no spine.

Because Europe is doing so much better than the US...
Harry
Atlas Superstar
Ukraine

« Reply #47 on: December 03, 2021, 05:41:03 PM »

If there is a legitimate need for 4th boosters (thanks to new variants spawned by the totally unvaccinated) and some people refuse, they want exactly be the same thing as "anti-vax" but they'll be bad human beings. Not as deplorable as the people with 0 vaccines, but still not good.

Hopefully that won't ever happen.
Mr. Reactionary
blackraisin
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #48 on: December 03, 2021, 05:59:37 PM »

If there is a legitimate need for 4th boosters (thanks to new variants spawned by the totally unvaccinated) and some people refuse, they want exactly be the same thing as "anti-vax" but they'll be bad human beings. Not as deplorable as the people with 0 vaccines, but still not good.

Substitute "vaccine" with "aryan parent" and it reveals your true nature.
Harry
Atlas Superstar
Ukraine

« Reply #49 on: December 03, 2021, 06:04:54 PM »

Substitute "vaccine" with "aryan parent" and it reveals your true nature.

Substitute a word with a different word and change the meaning of a sentence. Real groundbreaking stuff you're posting.
Pages: 1 [2] 3  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies