Elections and advances in Communications
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 17, 2024, 08:53:09 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Discussion
  History (Moderator: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee)
  Elections and advances in Communications
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Elections and advances in Communications  (Read 493 times)
GOP732
Rookie

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: October 26, 2011, 10:51:54 AM »

Hi! I'm writing a paper for my history of communications class on how new communication technologies have changed presidential campaigns. Does anyone have any good websites or books that could provide insight?

For example, I have a lot of information about the internet and TV, but not much on the radio or the telegraph.

Thanks in advance, I'm sure someone on here has information!

Paul Kemp
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #1 on: October 27, 2011, 10:58:17 AM »

I wrote my senior thesis on this . . . which explains why I have erased it from my memory.
Filuwaúrdjan
Realpolitik
Atlas Institution
United Kingdom

« Reply #2 on: December 01, 2011, 11:32:02 PM »

Hi! I'm writing a paper for my history of communications class on how new communication technologies have changed presidential campaigns. Does anyone have any good websites or books that could provide insight?

For example, I have a lot of information about the internet and TV, but not much on the radio or the telegraph.

Thanks in advance, I'm sure someone on here has information!

Masses of stuff has been written about the impact of technological change wrt communications on elections, and most of it (I think) deals with the U.S. Even fairly standard texts on the general issue ought to have something to say about your specific area of interest. If you want something seriously left field, you could do worse than to look at some of the literature on Nazism; they copied most of their electioneering techniques (which were the most 'advanced' ever seen in Europe at the time) from observation of American elections, especially Presidential ones.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies