Steele Threatens to Withold RNC Funs from Collins, Specter, Snowe? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 19, 2024, 08:45:07 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Congressional Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  Steele Threatens to Withold RNC Funs from Collins, Specter, Snowe? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Steele Threatens to Withold RNC Funs from Collins, Specter, Snowe?  (Read 4534 times)
Lunar
Atlas Superstar
Ireland, Republic of
« on: February 24, 2009, 02:34:54 PM »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ocqIEAaPVok&eurl

Speaking of Senators Arlen Specter, Susan Collins and Olympia Snowe, Steele said that the Senators were likely to face primaries as a result of their vote for the stimulus bill.

Then Steele was asked by Fox’s Neil Cavuto: “Will you, as RNC head, recommend no RNC funds being provided to help them?”

Steele confirmed that he would “talk to the state parties about.” When pressed on whether he was open to it, Steele said: “Oh, yes, I`m always open to everything, baby, absolutely.”

This is obviously about throwing red meat to the base, but it’s pretty interesting, because it sets the RNC up to take a hit from the right if he doesn’t follow through with this.

http://theplumline.whorunsgov.com/stimulus-package/michael-steele-threatens-to-withhold-rnc-funds-from-gop-senators-who-backed-stimulus/
Lunar
Atlas Superstar
Ireland, Republic of
« Reply #1 on: February 24, 2009, 02:46:26 PM »

Of course, and the "talk to state parties" thing would obviously exclude the Maine Twins anyway since the ME State GOP doesn't suffer delusions about an extremely partisan conservative's ability to win their state.

And besides, Specter is frickin' loaded with cash. I think he has more on hand than any vulnerable Senator.
Lunar
Atlas Superstar
Ireland, Republic of
« Reply #2 on: February 24, 2009, 07:57:49 PM »

Steele has an annoying habit of saying "baby".  Hopefully he'll get over it...

lol

I think it's especially hilarious in the phrase "I'm always open to everything, baby."

Of course "Drill, baby, drill" wasn't much better.
Lunar
Atlas Superstar
Ireland, Republic of
« Reply #3 on: February 26, 2009, 12:50:35 PM »

He also doesn't have a top-tier opponent this time either.

We'll see.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies