Vulnerable Seats 2012 (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 21, 2024, 12:15:47 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Congressional Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  Vulnerable Seats 2012 (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: Which of these freshman senators do you think will be vulnerable in 2012? (MoV)
Webb (0.3)

Tester (0.6)

McCaskill (2)

Corker (3)

Whitehouse (7)

Cardin (10)

Brown (12)

Casey (17)

Klochubar (20)

Sanders (33)

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 25

Author Topic: Vulnerable Seats 2012  (Read 3331 times)
Gabu
Atlas Star
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -4.32, S: -6.52

« on: March 21, 2007, 06:21:59 PM »

Nebraska:
If Ben Nelson retires or not, this is still a very conservative state that might want a Republican senator if someone like Heineman or Johanns runs

Didn't you predict that Nelson would lose in 2006 too?
Gabu
Atlas Star
Canada

Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: March 22, 2007, 04:52:35 PM »

I chose Tester for the reason that Montana is a heavily Republican state

This is a popular myth, but is, nonetheless, a myth.  The governor is a Democrat.  Both senators are Democrats.  The attorney general is a Democrat.  The state auditor is a Democrat.  The Montana Senate is Democratic.  The Montana House of Representatives is one seat away from being Democratic.

The only notable statewide elected positions that are held by Republicans, in fact, are the secretary of state and the representative of the at-large district.  Everything else is Democratic.
Gabu
Atlas Star
Canada

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: March 23, 2007, 11:54:09 AM »

I chose Tester for the reason that Montana is a heavily Republican state

This is a popular myth, but is, nonetheless, a myth.  The governor is a Democrat.  Both senators are Democrats.  The attorney general is a Democrat.  The state auditor is a Democrat.  The Montana Senate is Democratic.  The Montana House of Representatives is one seat away from being Democratic.

The only notable statewide elected positions that are held by Republicans, in fact, are the secretary of state and the representative of the at-large district.  Everything else is Democratic.

I think he was speaking in term's of presidential elections.

But he said that Tester was vulnerable because of the reason he gave.  Tester isn't a presidential candidate.
Gabu
Atlas Star
Canada

Political Matrix

« Reply #3 on: March 27, 2007, 12:21:13 AM »

Hmm, fair enough. I agree that there is a misconception regarding Montana as a heavily Republican state. Having said that, I also think that Tester could be vulnerable. I mean, in a heavily Democratic year (in an apparently balanced state), Tester only managed to beat the old, senile, crook by 3000 votes. A good GOP candidate could put Tester away.

I wasn't disagreeing with the notion that Tester could potentially be a vulnerable target in 2006 since he's evidently more liberal than the state as a whole (though that hasn't stopped other senators from being re-elected); I was only dispelling the notion that Montana is a heavily Republican state (or even a Republican state at all).
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies