Ted Strickland is going to lose, right? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 28, 2024, 10:59:30 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Gubernatorial/State Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  Ted Strickland is going to lose, right? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Ted Strickland is going to lose, right?  (Read 3723 times)
Padfoot
padfoot714
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: -2.58, S: -6.96

« on: December 17, 2009, 12:25:32 AM »

I had it VERY big in Jan-Feb of '08 last year.  Hillary-from-behind in NH put me in a dreadful mood.  I remember I missed the first four periods

your post is funnier like this

edit: MUCH funnier

^^^^^^^^Hilarious, but we digress.

Strickland is far from being automatically thrown out.  At this point I'd give him a 55% chance of getting re-elected.  I think the anti-incumbent mood is strong enough for a decent challenger to topple Strickland but Kasich has yet to really define himself to the broader public.  He's still mostly working the GOP crowd as far as I can tell.  Anytime I see a quote from him it follows the same formula: an attack on Strickland followed by a noncommittal, wishy-washy answer about what he would do in the same situation. 

Here's his "what I stand for" webpage:

You must be logged in to read this quote.

1. Generic and non-specific GOP talking point.

2. Another generic GOP plank.  Nevermind the fact that Strickland has already done a pretty good job of streamlining government and reducing spending.  I think the part about regulation may be a glancing reference to our outdated construction contracting laws.

3. Requisite promise to reform education needed to win any governor's race in Ohio.

4. Empty political promise which ironically puts more blame on Republicans as prior to 2006 they had been in sole control of state government for over a decade and they still control the Ohio Senate.
Padfoot
padfoot714
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: -2.58, S: -6.96

« Reply #1 on: December 20, 2009, 02:13:57 AM »

You must be logged in to read this quote.
Very well said.

Cut military spending!  How dare you suggest putting our troops in danger!  Terrorist lover! [/sarcasm]
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies