Your guess 4 who will be on the 2020 Dem Ticket (Not.. who do you want it to be) (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 17, 2024, 12:19:40 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2020 U.S. Presidential Election (Moderators: Likely Voter, YE)
  Your guess 4 who will be on the 2020 Dem Ticket (Not.. who do you want it to be) (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Your guess 4 who will be on the 2020 Dem Ticket (Not.. who do you want it to be)  (Read 3412 times)
HagridOfTheDeep
Junior Chimp
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -6.19, S: -4.35

« on: January 24, 2017, 04:52:12 PM »

Old thread, but every so often I search my name to see where the gossip's at, and I'd like to chime in to agree with RINO Tom's analysis.

Hillary inspired a personal loyalty among people that is somewhat unique. Count me in as a huge supporter of what some would call "identity politics" and I'd call "equity," but the truth is, I don't think we were as animated by a set of issues as the BernBots were. We see in Hillary a unique kind of hero... one who's story is resilience and dedication in the face of unearned slander the likes of which no other politician has ever endured. Someone who is held to impossible standards, who has an unparalleled work ethic, a great personal story, commitment to the same core issues over decades...

I joke that I'll support Jill Stein if Bernie is nominated in 2020, but the truth is I'll probably fall in line no matter who the nominee is, if only because I know I'll just be so let down and uninspired by this person when I compare them to Sec. Clinton.

It's hard for others to get, but the diehard loyalists definitely know what I mean. Maybe you're not "supposed" to believe this in politics, but we're the ones who truly believed she did deserve it. I didn't really care so much what her message was, because I wasn't putting my faith in her brand or her promises or policies, so much as I simply wanted her to be president.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies