MT-Sen: John Walsh out, Amanda Curtis in (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 18, 2024, 06:12:10 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Congressional Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  MT-Sen: John Walsh out, Amanda Curtis in (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: MT-Sen: John Walsh out, Amanda Curtis in  (Read 9651 times)
GaussLaw
« on: August 03, 2014, 08:45:16 PM »

Also, the master's thesis only had to be 14 pages?

This is not to denigrate John Walsh, but I had to write longer papers than that when I was in 6th grade. And I'm not exaggerating.

Sounds to me like he was attending a big diploma mill.

What the hell kind of middle school did you attend? Tongue

This was in northern Kentucky in the 1980s.

Schools around here are more difficult than most places.

I highly doubt that.  Even the propaganda libertarians post about how great 1950's education was shows middle school tests as just pure regurgitation of many civics concepts.   If 16 page papers were all the rage in middle school in the 1980's, I think the right would be screaming about that.  Also, no offense, but if what you said were true, Northern Kentucky students would be going to prestigious colleges in droves, which is not the case.
GaussLaw
« Reply #1 on: August 03, 2014, 11:03:01 PM »

I highly doubt that.  Even the propaganda libertarians post about how great 1950's education was shows middle school tests as just pure regurgitation of many civics concepts.   If 16 page papers were all the rage in middle school in the 1980's, I think the right would be screaming about that.  Also, no offense, but if what you said were true, Northern Kentucky students would be going to prestigious colleges in droves, which is not the case.

Not so sure you quite understand northern Kentucky schooling.

All I'm saying is that if Northern Kentucky schools could get middle school students to write 16 page papers, then surely the average SAT scores for kids in that area would be much higher than it is.  Kentucky's SAT average is at best average, IIRC.  I would expect kids who write 16 page papers in middle school to get, on average, at least 700 on Critical Reading and Writing (or just Verbal in 1980's), which is not the case.
GaussLaw
« Reply #2 on: August 04, 2014, 11:45:07 AM »

Who cares about plagiarism?

Montana isn't Germany.
Seriously, that will last 1week, and after, nothing more.

No, it is getting play and Walsh bungled his response.  This is probably fatal although I will wait for polling confirmation.

Why did the NYT have to look into this?

Because the New York Times is not Pravda.

Indeed.  While editorial pages of many big newspapers lean left, Republicans have got to admit that the "lamestream media" isn't totally in the D court.  If that were the case, they've been doing an awful job recently.
GaussLaw
« Reply #3 on: August 06, 2014, 10:11:41 AM »

It also would set up a nice contrast against Rand Paul. Not that his plagiarism was as bad as this but still

Rand Paul's plagiarism wasn't as bad as this. It was WORSE!

I'm not sure I agree. Walsh plagiarized a major academic paper; Rand Paul just used wikipedia summaries of movies to explain them in his speeches. I don't really know much about copyright law, but I'm not even sure if copying wikipedia could be considered plagiarism at all-- it's just dumb.

Yeah, Bandit's just being a super-hack as always.  He's basically the left-wing krazen.  He has Andy Barr's district as lean D and Thomas Massie's as lean R. 

IMO, Brian Schweitzer would be fairly easy to defeat given his extremely stupid comments about his gay-dar and others.  I think Bohlinger would be the best bet for MT Dems.
GaussLaw
« Reply #4 on: August 06, 2014, 03:12:25 PM »

Yeah, Bandit's just being a super-hack as always.  He's basically the left-wing krazen.  He has Andy Barr's district as lean D and Thomas Massie's as lean R.

So you don't think Massie will be re-elected?
I think Massie's district is safe-R, and Barr's is toss-up at the very least(I would say lean to likely R).
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies