Lincoln Chafee launches presidential exploratory committee (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 20, 2024, 07:32:25 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2016 U.S. Presidential Election
  Lincoln Chafee launches presidential exploratory committee (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Lincoln Chafee launches presidential exploratory committee  (Read 6781 times)
TheDeadFlagBlues
Junior Chimp
Canada
« on: April 10, 2015, 01:22:33 PM »

Chafee has the potential to challenge Hillary, especially in New Hampshire. It's fantasy, probably, though to say he could win the nomination.

He certainly has more potential then Webb or O'Malley.

I agree that Chafee could successfully challenge Hillary in New England but the idea that he has more potential than O'Malley or Webb is absurd. O'Malley is a terrible candidate but he was an accomplished progressive governor, which gives him some credibility. Webb is also a terrible candidate but he has a "natural" base among Demosaurs.

Chafee? He was a disastrous governor. He's also a former Republican. Strangely enough, I think he'll complicate things for Sanders in New Hampshire. Affluent "latte liberals" love insurgent candidates and have the tendency to support both firebrand leftists and meek social liberals/doves.
TheDeadFlagBlues
Junior Chimp
Canada
« Reply #1 on: April 10, 2015, 01:58:34 PM »

Chafee has the potential to challenge Hillary, especially in New Hampshire. It's fantasy, probably, though to say he could win the nomination.

He certainly has more potential then Webb or O'Malley.

I agree that Chafee could successfully challenge Hillary in New England but the idea that he has more potential than O'Malley or Webb is absurd. O'Malley is a terrible candidate but he was an accomplished progressive governor, which gives him some credibility. Webb is also a terrible candidate but he has a "natural" base among Demosaurs.

Chafee? He was a disastrous governor. He's also a former Republican. Strangely enough, I think he'll complicate things for Sanders in New Hampshire. Affluent "latte liberals" love insurgent candidates and have the tendency to support both firebrand leftists and meek social liberals/doves.

He could also do well among the type of independent swing voters in NH that voted for Huntsman in 2012.

I think they have the same probability of supporting Sanders but a low probability of backing Clinton. Those "independent swing voters" are mostly left-leaning. See: the overlap in McCain and Huntsman's support with Dean's and Bradley's support. For whatever reason, there is a solid contingent of left-leaners in New England that tends to back either the most liberal Democratic candidate or the most moderate Republican in primaries.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies