Kennedy/Smathers vs. Rockefeller/Reagan vs. Wallace/LeMay-1968 (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 13, 2024, 12:54:26 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Presidential Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Election What-ifs?
  Past Election What-ifs (US) (Moderator: Dereich)
  Kennedy/Smathers vs. Rockefeller/Reagan vs. Wallace/LeMay-1968 (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Kennedy/Smathers vs. Rockefeller/Reagan vs. Wallace/LeMay-1968  (Read 5353 times)
PBrunsel
Junior Chimp

« on: April 15, 2008, 08:20:44 PM »

JFK won both Lousiana and Arkansas in 1960 and with the sympathy vote for the JFK Assassianation and the Kennedy name would win him over there. To add to that, he has a southern running mate. You should know that if you really know the way that the american electorate votes.

Go on, I want to hear all of you stupid comments.

Gporter,

You seem to have some dates wrong. 1968 was not 1960 by any stretch of the imagination. In 1960, the Solid South was still reliable for the Democrats, thus including JFK. By 1968, the Civil Rights movement (in which RFK was a major figure) had cracked the Deep South. Let me remind you that even with the sympathy for JFK, President Johnson lost Louisiana. He won Arkansas, that is true, but his Veep, Hubert Humphrey, failed to appeal to the voters in that state.

All in all, GPorter, I would wager that this is how this match up would have played out.

Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies