In which of the following countries is cop killing OK? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 19, 2024, 01:52:42 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  Political Debate (Moderator: Torie)
  In which of the following countries is cop killing OK? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: In which of the following countries is cop killing OK?  (Read 1364 times)
I spent the winter writing songs about getting better
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
« on: April 23, 2005, 12:17:09 AM »

Nazi Germany
Vichy France
Cuba
China
Apartheid South Africa
Iran
Saudi Arabia
Saddam's Iraq
North Korea
USA

I vote for all EXCEPT USA. In every other listed country, police are/were legitimate targets.
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #1 on: April 23, 2005, 12:30:41 AM »

The main reason I brought it up is people whine that the ANC killed cops in Apartheid South Africa. The police completely ignored crimes against blacks and basically just enforced the repressive apartheid rules. They were just as a legitimate target as the SS and Milice were in occupied France. Now the ANC is hardly doing a good job running the country now but that's not really relevant.
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #2 on: April 23, 2005, 12:34:58 AM »

Most of the police in Saddam's Iraq are now part of the insurgency.
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #3 on: April 23, 2005, 12:39:42 AM »

Um, unless you are at war with any of those countries, you go and kill someone, you are a murderer, plain and simple.

I think the point is that in some countries, the police are not protectors but instead they are oppressors. For instance, in Nazi Germany the police would be involved in rounding up Jews so they could be shipped to concentration camps - killing them would be fighting for liberty.

I'm not sure about all of the countries, but definitely not in the USA.

Depends what they are doing. If they are just directing traiffic, you go up and shoot them, you are a murderer. If they are physically threatening you like the Nazi German police you described then it is justified to kill in self-defense of course.

Yeah, I'd only go after the cops that are actually enforcing laws that shouldn't be enforced - following orders isn't justification for being a fascist.

If you were given the options of enforcing the "laws" no matter how bad they were or you and your whole family being executed which one would you take? I'd take the former, easily.

Then why are most of the members of Saddam's Republican Guard and Feyadeen and Muhkarabat or whatever they were called now involved in the insurgency?
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies