Why do you vote against Labor? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 14, 2024, 01:24:27 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Why do you vote against Labor? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Why do you vote against Labor?  (Read 2586 times)
Ban my account ffs!
snowguy716
Atlas Star
Austria

« on: February 20, 2013, 10:41:56 PM »

With the loss of a senate seat recently, Labor is down to one senate seat.  Obviously a great majority of you have reasons you don't vote Labor.

I'd like to know why.  I'd also like to know what Labor could do to earn your consideration next time around.

Please use this thread to give suggestions, voice complaints, or simply give your opinion as non-Laborites, or as Laborites who don't vote for Labor candidates.

Thanks a bunch!
Ban my account ffs!
snowguy716
Atlas Star
Austria

« Reply #1 on: February 21, 2013, 01:54:39 AM »

Like I said, everyone's free to feel however the want to on the individual ideas. Everyone has their own opinion. No need beating things into the ground.

That's certainly not my intention. An honest question was asked and I gave an honest answer. My "Oh boy." post was basically that. If you ask this question, you're either going to get lies, or bickering, and so far we've stayed away from that fortunately. A better question would be "Why do you vote against Liberals?" and chances are the answers would be worse.

Yeah, this thread looks like just another excuse to rustle everyone's jimmies.  Why don't I always vote for Labor?  Because I don't always agree with their candidates or prefer the ideas of the other candidates.  Pretty simple.
Yeah... I started this thread to further sour the reputation of the Labor Party.  Roll Eyes

Both you and Tmth need to lighten up.
Ban my account ffs!
snowguy716
Atlas Star
Austria

« Reply #2 on: February 21, 2013, 02:02:53 AM »

I want to find out the various beefs that people have with the Labor Party and attempt to resolve those problems in order to increase the appeal of our party.

I know there have been accusations of shenanigans going on, and some of those accusations have been leveled against Labor.

This thread was created in the hopes that people could air their grievances because I want the Labor party to be transparent... because I get the feeling from many people that they don't trust the Labor Party or they have a problem with actions by certain Labor members.

I'd rather this crap be aired out in the fresh air for everybody to see, rather than in the dank, mildewed back alley of PMs
Ban my account ffs!
snowguy716
Atlas Star
Austria

« Reply #3 on: February 21, 2013, 09:50:19 PM »

I am not particularly against Labor as a whole (Marokai was my second preference for crying out loud, and while I did not vote for Snowstalker, I did vote for another Laborite in that election), but I think that on an ideological level I prefer Federalists, quite obviously. However, I will vote Labor if they prove to be the candidate that will shows spirit in the game and has proven they can do the job better than anyone else.

I appreciate that.  I don't expect your vote... but the fact that you consider it is what I'm trying to get at with this thread.

Zanas:  We have ONE (1) senate seat.  If everybody voted for their party alone, we should/would have 2 or 3 senate seats.  Labor obviously has a problem and has made mistakes which resulted in the loss of clout in the senate.

Sure, we elected a president.  But already there have been comments about how inevitable Marokai's election was going to be.  So I don't see his election as some resounding surprise victory.

And there has already been back room slander about doing everything possible to derail his presidency.

Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies