China to invest 83.7 billion in West Virginia to build petrochemical plants (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 18, 2024, 08:09:48 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  China to invest 83.7 billion in West Virginia to build petrochemical plants (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: China to invest 83.7 billion in West Virginia to build petrochemical plants  (Read 2499 times)
swf541

« on: November 20, 2017, 06:22:27 PM »

If it actually ends up providing jobs for West Virginians then it's a good thing and the administration should be commended.

I can't wait to see the air, water, and soil pollution, along with the use of eminent domain and destruction of West Virginia's local environment for the purpose of extraction and transportation of these resources from the state. Add to that I wouldn't expect any significant amount of in-state investment stemming from this; the state will be tapped for its resources and the wealthy will be siphoned away to wealthy investors and executives located far away. I suppose there will be some benefit from job growth, which will trickle down into other aspects of the local economy as well, but I wouldn't expect too much.

West Virginias environment is already destroyed.......
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies