Presidential Task Force on New Member Recruitment (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 17, 2024, 12:35:21 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Presidential Task Force on New Member Recruitment (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Presidential Task Force on New Member Recruitment  (Read 4732 times)
-
KS21
Political Matrix
E: -0.97, S: -3.39

« on: November 14, 2010, 07:09:18 PM »

I love the idea of pre-registration; facebook, not so much.  I feel like recruiting should only be done in Atlasia; otherwise we end up with Ogis v.1 - a complete troll with no interest other than causing havoc.

I understand your annoyance with me, but this comment is completely baseless. I didn't join this forum to cause havoc, nor am I causing havoc currently. My joining this forum was not the result of a concerted recruitment effort, and I'm not some sort of example which you should shy away from.

Instead, look to how newbies have been treated in the last two years. Some established members attack new members with unfounded derision. A large problem of this recruitment process is retention of interested parties, not new member acquisition.
I hope I'm not butting in but I just wante dto comment on this.

Ogis makes a very good point in regards to established members attacking new members.  When I joined Atlasia about three months ago, I was immediately accused of being a "hamilton sock", "puppet account", etc.  I havn't seen much basically accusations of the sort since my joining against any other new members but I would expect it to start up again almost immediately if some of the ideas being tossed around in this thread are carried out.

Posting links to Atlasia in other government sims and "getting the word out" in general outside of these forums will generate a "massive" (by Atlasia standards) flurry of registration.  I can very easily see certain Atlasian personalities accusing their least favorite colleague (or maybe Hamilton) of creating numerous socks.  Trust me, being called a sock isn't a great way to welcome new members.  In short, member attitudes need to be addressed if any of this will work.

You also have to consider that people recruited from other forums will come here and expect to be allowed to join Atlasia immediately.  The law states that you must have 75 posts to register; a good majority of those new recruits will go back to their old sims rather than bother posting in the other forums.  Sure, its a good way to filter out the dedicated from the undedicated, though it could also encourage trolling in the other boards (people trying to get their post counts up) and scare away good recruits that don't want to spam the other forums.

Like I said earlier, the established members are the biggest hurdle to newer participants.  Atlasia has an air of cliquishness about it and what seems like a general distrust towards outsiders.  Before any recruiting drives commence, that attitude needs to be broken.

^^^
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies