John McCain has been diagnosed with brain cancer (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 19, 2024, 04:25:19 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  John McCain has been diagnosed with brain cancer (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: John McCain has been diagnosed with brain cancer  (Read 10151 times)
Koharu
jphp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.06, S: -4.35

« on: July 20, 2017, 08:38:56 AM »

I guess that's a possible explanation for McCain's seemingly confused and incoherent behavior in the last Comey testimony.

In any case, terrible news... wish him a speedy recovery (even if it's uncertain that this will be possible).

Exactly my thoughts. At the time, it made me think of the behavior I've seen around seizures and mini-strokes, so it is likely related. So awful to see. Sad

My prayers are with him, his family, and his care team. Mayo in Rochester is the best option, and I hope they are able to at least limit his suffering if nothing else.

And, as much as it is an awful situation, perhaps this may enlighten the current debate in Congress.
Koharu
jphp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.06, S: -4.35

« Reply #1 on: September 26, 2017, 10:57:10 AM »

Again, while I wouldn't vote for McCain now, I do not regret my 2008 vote for him, especially as things worked out for the best in that election.

I pray he and his family are able to spend a lot of time together in these stressful days and that he's able to do things he enjoys. Luckily, I think he truly enjoys working in the Senate, so he's got that in his favor. I just hope the travel and such doesn't add too much stress to his system, as he truly should get to spend time with his family and doing relaxing things he enjoys, too.

Everyone dies; I can only hope that he gets to go out peacefully and without much pain, and gets to accomplish what he'd like to in whatever amount of time he has left.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies