Liberal National Committee Headquarters [Keystone Phil/Tmthforu94 endorsed] (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 13, 2024, 08:53:54 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Liberal National Committee Headquarters [Keystone Phil/Tmthforu94 endorsed] (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Liberal National Committee Headquarters [Keystone Phil/Tmthforu94 endorsed]  (Read 46455 times)
ZuWo
YaBB God
Switzerland

« on: August 19, 2012, 04:03:59 PM »

I never had the desire to appear divisive or bring about divisiveness, to be completely honest.  When Snowstalker and Seatown decide to cooperate and ZuWo decides to mind his own business, I may reconsider my vote, as well.  

Hold on. Snowstalker addressed the Whig Party, your President also posted in the Whig Party Convention thread, and I replied to Snowstalker's post in the Whig Party thread, so everything I wrote is very well my own business. Moreover, I stand by what I said: It is important for a political party - be it the Labor Party or the Whig Party - to have its own identity and try to distinguish itself very clearly from other parties. If that's not the case, a party is doomed. It's a good sign if the Labor Party starts to emancipate itself from the Liberal Party and becomes more unique.
ZuWo
YaBB God
Switzerland

« Reply #1 on: August 19, 2012, 04:19:02 PM »
« Edited: August 19, 2012, 04:20:38 PM by Mideast Governor ZuWo »

It's a good sign if the Labor Party starts to emancipate itself from the Liberal Party and becomes more unique.
This isn't the way to go about it. This isn't "emancipating" and "becoming unique". This is fracturing the right, which of course you want, as it'll help the Whig candidates. Wink I really can't see how the two liberal parties splitting up is supposed to be beneficial to them.

No, I don't want to fracture the right (or the left for that matter).
I want diverse parties in Atlasia which represent diverse ideologies because this is what ultimately benefits the game. I always said I wouldn't mind to have a second party on the right next to the Whig Party but all attempts have failed so far. Likewise, since there are so many leftists in Atlasia it's more exciting for the game if we have diverse parties on the left (and this diversity is only possible if the parties can actually be distinguishable from each other).

Out of respect for the Liberal Party, this has been my last post in this thread.
ZuWo
YaBB God
Switzerland

« Reply #2 on: September 06, 2012, 02:40:53 PM »

An endorsement vote on the Mideast gubernatorial race will start on Friday.  I don't normally hold endorsements for regional Assembly candidates, but because Gass3268 has requested one, I will put his name on the ballot as well.  If any other Mideast Assembly candidates wish to seek a party endorsement, please say so now.

Tmth told me privately that he'd like to give a speech to make his case, which I of course would allow him to do. Smiley

Also, the convention is in one month and the Whip position is still available.

Chairman, I'd like to address the Liberal Party Convention regarding the election for Mideast Governor as well. Would that be possible? (For time reasons I could only give the speech tomorrow afternoon, though).
ZuWo
YaBB God
Switzerland

« Reply #3 on: September 06, 2012, 02:45:22 PM »

I will give my (short) speech early in the afternoon (probably at around 1 or 2 PM EDT) so I hope I won't mix up your schedule too much.
ZuWo
YaBB God
Switzerland

« Reply #4 on: September 07, 2012, 11:04:32 AM »

Mr. Chairman,
Members of the Liberal Party,

Thank you for this opportunity to address you today.

I am running for re-election as Mideast Governor because many great things have been achieved during my first term. Firstly, I have introduced the first regional budget in the history of the Mideast and together with the members of the Assembly and GM Shua I have worked hard to make it as balanced as possible. Secondly, I have updated the relevant pages on the regional wiki. Thirdly, I have improved communication between the Governor’s mansion and the regional citizens with the monthly publication of the “Governor’s newsletter” and the question time sessions. Additionally, I have played an active role in the debates of the Mideast Assembly and have contributed to the fact that our regional legislature is again one of the most active Assemblies in Atlasia. Because of the increased rates of activity the Mideast has witnessed since I took office, it is now the largest region in Atlasia, tied with the Northeast.

In general, my first term has been marked by pragmatism and common-sense solutions. Let me show this to you with concrete examples. In fact, I took into account suggestions from people with diverse ideologies when I put together the final version of the “Mideast Sex Crime Statute”. Furthermore, I proposed a reform of the “Mideast Time of Alcohol Sales Statute” so alcohol can now be sold day and night just like other products. Moreover, in order to balance the budget I decided not to cut government programs but to do away with certain tax breaks instead. This way, we have managed to reduce the deficit from $32 billion to $22 billion. In contrast to my opponent, who has called for lower corporate tax rates, I will not lower taxes in times of a looming budget deficit, and I can't promise the citizens of the Mideast to bring down unemployment to 5% and to balance the budget at the same time when we are still not completely out of a long and unrelenting recession. Above all, I will continue to be a realistic Governor.

I am undoubtedly a conservative but I am not a blind ideologue. My top priority is to find good and viable solutions for the Mideast. I have proven my willingness and ability to work with members of all parties during the debates in the Mideast Assembly and with my appointment of Franzl to the Mideast Superior Court. Additionally, I have received the endorsement of Northeast Governor Nix, with whom I have worked together in the Conference of Atlasian Regional Executives.

I am a conservative and clearly not a liberal. Nevertheless, I will continue to be open to suggestions from all political groups should I be re-elected to a second term.

Thanks again for giving me the opportunity to speak to you today,

Governor ZuWo
ZuWo
YaBB God
Switzerland

« Reply #5 on: September 08, 2012, 08:56:57 AM »

ZuWo opposes equal rights for men and women regardless of sexual orientation.

No, he opposes the ERA. Not quite the same.

Thanks for pointing that out. I guess people like shua and 20RP12 will object to the President's claim that "opposition to the ERA=opposition to equal rights" as well. Indeed, the reasons for my opposition to the ERA can be found here.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies