Rep. Nancy Boyda (Traitor-KS).... (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 22, 2024, 01:43:09 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Congressional Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  Rep. Nancy Boyda (Traitor-KS).... (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Rep. Nancy Boyda (Traitor-KS)....  (Read 10759 times)
MarkWarner08
Junior Chimp

« on: January 04, 2007, 09:39:47 PM »
« edited: January 04, 2007, 09:41:23 PM by MarkWarner08 »

Rep. Nancy Boyda said on ABC's World News that she supports a "troop surge" because President Bush is our commander in chief. She repeated the GOP's talking points that Congress is "powerless to stop the President" on the war. She also opposes cutting off funding for the war.

This sellout Democrats probably thinks being from a Red State gives her the ability to undermine her party. WRONG. Rep. Heath Shuler is from a Red district in a Red State and her opposes a troop surge. Boyda better not become a traitor to the party. Even fellow Kansas Democrat Dennis Moore opposes a troop surge.

I have a message to Nancy Boyda if she follows the Neville Chamberlain/ Joe Lieberman school of appeasement: Nancy Boyda, your being watched by the bloggers!
MarkWarner08
Junior Chimp

« Reply #1 on: January 04, 2007, 11:35:38 PM »

Here's the transcripts from ABC World News:

"Gibson: Would you vote in favor of money to support another 20,000 to 40,000 troops in Iraq?

Boyda: I think we're going to vote to support what the commander in chief and head of military asks to do. At least, I am certainly going to vote to support it.

Gibson: If he wants the surge, he'll get it.

Boyda: Yes.… He is the commander in chief, Charlie. We don't get that choice. Congress doesn't make that decision."

http://abcnews.go.com/WNT/story?id=2771933&page=2

I'm very disappointed in this woman. The only reason she's in Washington is because the DCCC spent $650k in a last minute TV buy.
MarkWarner08
Junior Chimp

« Reply #2 on: January 04, 2007, 11:37:04 PM »

Well, this is bizarre. She helped organize antiwar rallies in 2003...

I can't believe she's joined the Lieberman/McCain team! grrh...
MarkWarner08
Junior Chimp

« Reply #3 on: January 04, 2007, 11:58:12 PM »
« Edited: January 05, 2007, 12:00:24 AM by MarkWarner08 »

Go Boyda!!!! She was born in St. Louis yall!!

YES!! Another Democrat like me... the republican kind

Do you support America military escalation in an unstable region which perceives our presence as part of the continuation of the Crusades? Rep. Murphy is right that the solutions is not a military one, but a political one.

We need to establish clear goals for the Iraqi Army to meet and we must create a flexible withdrawal date from Iraq. The new Bush "way forward for Iraq" is another euphemism for "stay the course" which is a euphemism for continuing to lose this war.

Occupation of an autonomous people rarely works and it never works when you violate the Powell Doctrine of overwhelming force. Sending troops in now will only exacerbate the growing sectarian strife. So go ahead, yell "YES!!" to Rep. Boyda's bellicose statement. You're lucky it's not YOUR LIFE on the line.
MarkWarner08
Junior Chimp

« Reply #4 on: January 05, 2007, 12:06:01 AM »

well now Rangel has competition for my least favorite Democrat in Congress...

Why don't you like Charlie Rangel? He's a big proponent of eleimanting the AMT and he's the first Black chairman of the Ways and Means Committee.
MarkWarner08
Junior Chimp

« Reply #5 on: January 05, 2007, 04:44:35 PM »

So she has to join the most insane 11% of the population just to not be labeled a liberal?

I'm not Nancy Boyda so I don't know do I?

You must be logged in to read this quote.

Yes, but that was in Louisville you know. And it's not as though people voted for him because of that... he won (and I'm pleased that he won, btw) because he's well-known in the area and because of the national swing.

The Democrats have about 31 seats more than the Republicans, right? To me that's a fairly small, but not unworkable and not tiny, majority.

So what? I always said that the Republicans had a small majority.

My point is her district has a PVI of R+9 which is similar to PA-10 and NC-11.  Shuler and Carney both oppose troop surges because they understand that we need a political, not a military solution to the conflict.  The fact that a vet like Carney would be more skeptical of sending troops than a former anti-war activist like Boyda is mind-boggling. I'm worried that she's "gone Washington," trading in her convictions for raw political ambition.
MarkWarner08
Junior Chimp

« Reply #6 on: January 05, 2007, 04:47:28 PM »

I have a message to Nancy Boyda if she follows the Neville Chamberlain/ Joe Lieberman school of appeasement

Roll Eyes

Do you disagree that Joe Lieberman has been a solid supporter of George W. Bush's neoconservative foreign policy?  The fact that Joe Lieberman and John McCain are one of only 13, that right, 13 senators who support a troop sruge is further evidence that the American people are no longer blindly supporting this failed war.
MarkWarner08
Junior Chimp

« Reply #7 on: January 05, 2007, 05:12:02 PM »

He was the prime minister of UK before Winston Churchill. He refused to stand up to Adolph Hitler and even signed the awful Munich Agreement which paved the way for the Nazi invasion of Switzerland. He also was an isolationist like American pilot Charles Lindbergh.

I'd suggest you read Phillip Roth's seminal work  "The Plot Against America" which discusses an alternate history where Lindbergh becomes President of the U.S.

MarkWarner08
Junior Chimp

« Reply #8 on: January 05, 2007, 05:13:07 PM »

There's a big difference between someone saying something I don't like. and them undercutting their party by joining the most extreme 11%.

Funny; I thought you were the one who just said that you'd now rather have a Republican in this district than Boyda.
How is that not also undercutting your party?

warmongerer Wink

Did you vote for Sherrod Brown or Mike DeWine?
MarkWarner08
Junior Chimp

« Reply #9 on: January 06, 2007, 01:10:14 AM »

He was the prime minister of UK before Winston Churchill. He refused to stand up to Adolph Hitler and even signed the awful Munich Agreement which paved the way for the Nazi invasion of Switzerland. He also was an isolationist like American pilot Charles Lindbergh.

I'd suggest you read Phillip Roth's seminal work  "The Plot Against America" which discusses an alternate history where Lindbergh becomes President of the U.S.

And he is similer to Liberman how Huh

Lieberman supported an imperialistic foreign policy that was an abject failure., I apologize for the Hitler comparison. My point is that both leader failed to stop and even aided and abetted a very dangerous policy.

On a side note, I'd suggest reading "Soft Power" by Harvard Professor Joseph Nye. Soft Power discusses the demise of America's moral ascendecy and how this has created many adverse consequences such has the lack of allies in the War in Iraq..
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies