Firefox Quantum (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 17, 2024, 08:37:31 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Off-topic Board (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, The Mikado, YE)
  Firefox Quantum (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: Your opinion of the latest version of Firefox
FU
HU
I use the even older version that can run DRA
I don't use Firefox
What is Firefox?
Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Author Topic: Firefox Quantum  (Read 782 times)
HillGoose
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 1.74, S: -8.96

« on: November 25, 2017, 09:13:45 PM »
« edited: November 25, 2017, 09:16:42 PM by HillGoose »

How do I get it? i think mines the same

EDIT: Nvm I use Internet Explorer. I learned something new today lol
HillGoose
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: November 26, 2017, 01:01:54 AM »

that's literally me tho
HillGoose
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: November 27, 2017, 01:22:31 PM »

I actually have two browsers on my laptop (main computer) for odd reasons - I use Safari for day-to-day things; but I have Chrome installed for the increasingly few sites that still use Flash for video since I don't need a full version of Flash on my MacBook; and Chrome bundles Flash within the browser which is handy.  At this point the only thing that I really need to use it for is the WWE Network since most other places have switched to HTML5 or similar technologies for online video, and although I'll probably always keep it around just for troubleshooting purposes Chrome is a bit useless for me after they discontinue Flash support along with Adobe in 2020.  I really like Safari; its quick, I like the Reading List thing for when I want to have an easy list of sites that I need without needing to create and delete bookmarks (really handy when looking for jobs to apply for; if I like the sound of something I'll add it to that) and other little things that aren't really needed but are nice - they've also started blocking videos from autoplaying on sites which is very appreciated because they has always annoyed me!

On my PC which I mostly use for games I use Chrome; again purely for laziness.  I used to use Firefox and before I got this PC I kept both updated but, eh, I never used the thing so its a waste of disk space and considering that Edge is shockingly good I do have a backup available if odd things happen.  Never heard of this new Firefox thing but I might check it out - if its actually good I might have to check it out, since I don't have the issue of needing legacy add-on support.  Does seem a bit disappointing if they are doing the walled garden thing for add-ons; that's not very good...

Considering that lots of sites have been showing "IE is terrible; please move to something more modern" banners for... years now (including Microsoft's own!); I've always wondered why the few that haven't shifted to something that's actually good.  Especially since increasing amounts of web content uses HTML5 and support for thing in IE is, well, not good.

according to this website I found, I'm using Internet Explorer 11, is that good?
HillGoose
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #3 on: December 04, 2017, 06:08:24 AM »

guys i found the truth about how many people be using which browser. internet explorer 4 lyfe

Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies