Ontario municipal elections, (October 27, 2014) - Master thread (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 14, 2024, 07:51:29 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  International Elections (Moderators: afleitch, Hash)
  Ontario municipal elections, (October 27, 2014) - Master thread (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Ontario municipal elections, (October 27, 2014) - Master thread  (Read 53083 times)
MaxQue
Atlas Icon
Canada

« on: March 16, 2014, 07:58:09 PM »

But I would be one of those people to suggest that de-amalgamation would be a solution to this mess.

Yes, but that's because you have no interest in urban politics in a non-electoral sense.

Neither do people in the suburbs.
MaxQue
Atlas Icon
Canada

« Reply #1 on: March 17, 2014, 02:08:30 PM »

Don't copy borough councils of Montreal. There is things in which in which both borough and city have power and there is no coordination between most boroughs. Organizing events crossing the border of a borough is very complicated.
MaxQue
Atlas Icon
Canada

« Reply #2 on: April 01, 2014, 07:27:37 PM »

Banned forumite "Teddy" announced on Twitter he is running for mayor.  Hasn't registered yet, but I believe it, as he's run for political office twice before.

Why was he banned?

Threating to kill a mod with a knife.
MaxQue
Atlas Icon
Canada

« Reply #3 on: April 14, 2014, 03:05:08 AM »

Perhaps Ontario should introduce signature requirements.

There is currently 52 candidates who filled for Toronto mayorship.
MaxQue
Atlas Icon
Canada

« Reply #4 on: July 08, 2014, 01:54:11 AM »

I thought she would stay in the mayorship until her death. I suppose she is over 85, at this point.
MaxQue
Atlas Icon
Canada

« Reply #5 on: September 12, 2014, 04:05:18 PM »

You should rather hope (and pray) than Rob Ford is still alive in 2018. What I heard about his health wasn't sounding very good.
MaxQue
Atlas Icon
Canada

« Reply #6 on: October 28, 2014, 02:18:25 AM »

Calgary is weird, too. A gay progressive Muslim got like 70% of the vote there I think. Issues are different. But with Ford it's more like the absence of issues. A you vs. the elite type of appeal with the working class. Party ID is a factor. PCs have no seats in Toronto but with independent labels many conservative councillors, including Rob Ford who has returned in a landslide, were voted in. But, yes Ford/Wynne voters I really don't understand. Not to mention the polls showing Ford carrying a third of Green voters and a fifth of NDPers. With the high turnout there must have been a lot of these voters.

Nenshi isn't gay.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies