Not finished: Trump reportedly raised at least $11 million since Tuesday (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 22, 2024, 01:36:23 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2016 U.S. Presidential Election
  Not finished: Trump reportedly raised at least $11 million since Tuesday (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Not finished: Trump reportedly raised at least $11 million since Tuesday  (Read 1363 times)
Hermit For Peace
hermit
Junior Chimp

« on: June 23, 2016, 03:47:35 PM »

Except the one thing I've never understood is how he can get away with saying he's not beholden to big banks or big business when HE IS THE BIG BUSINESS! He's already cut checks from his campaign to his corporations. If he's elected president, he may not lead in the interest of Wall St or Goldman Sachs. But, he WILL lead in the interest of Trump Plaza and Trump Steaks.

He is a walking, talking corporation. I don't get how he isn't portrayed as one.

Oh yeah, that Liberal media.

I agree. Do his followers really think that Trump is out for the middle class? Really? Trump is out for Trump and his business class. Look at his life. What does he ever do to help others?

Just because he says something doesn't make it true. But people are eating up his shtick.
Hermit For Peace
hermit
Junior Chimp

« Reply #1 on: June 23, 2016, 03:59:11 PM »

Virginia, think about this: Trump most likely did not think that far ahead. He probably was going to self-fund his campaign when he started out.

After he started winning the primaries and getting the nomination and surprising even himself, and after talking with the RNC, maybe it was then he realized he needed funding help.

But still, I agree that he lead everyone to believe that he was going to self-fund the entire thing. His ignorance is showing big time everywhere that he didn't think very far ahead of the "game".
Hermit For Peace
hermit
Junior Chimp

« Reply #2 on: June 23, 2016, 04:01:06 PM »

How many Republican debates did you watch, Virginia. I saw pretty much all of them except the one Trump wasn't in and one other. Trust me, he was explicit about what he needed to do for the general.

These are pretty much small dollar donations from non-special interests right now.

I watched almost all of them myself, and I don't recall hearing what you are saying Trump said. What I took away from those debates is that he is self-funding his campaign. Period.
Hermit For Peace
hermit
Junior Chimp

« Reply #3 on: June 23, 2016, 04:23:42 PM »

Sorry Seriously? but Trump started out telling everyone that he was self-funding his campaign and was beholden to nobody. And he was putting all the others down for accepting large donations and money from super pacs.

It was a big part of his appeal last year going into this year. You can't deny that.

But once again he is back peddling on something he said. And he may have said it in ignorance since he probably didn't expect to get as far as he did. Nevertheless, he's now going to be among the rest of the schmucks who are "beholden" to others for money.
Hermit For Peace
hermit
Junior Chimp

« Reply #4 on: June 23, 2016, 04:26:13 PM »

Seriously?, you're just making excuses for the guy now. Not buying it.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies