Bernie Sanders 2020 campaign megathread (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 10, 2024, 04:34:45 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2020 U.S. Presidential Election (Moderators: Likely Voter, YE)
  Bernie Sanders 2020 campaign megathread (search mode)
Pages: [1] 2 3
Author Topic: Bernie Sanders 2020 campaign megathread  (Read 128723 times)
Rookie Yinzer
RFKFan68
Junior Chimp
United States

« on: January 25, 2019, 09:48:48 PM »

Senior advisor says its not happening.
He's running. He wouldn't have been in South Carolina pandering on MLK Day if he wasn't.

Well, he will get a chance to defend himself and state his case to primary voters. If Biden stays out, the first debates will be all about him.
Rookie Yinzer
RFKFan68
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2019, 02:28:58 PM »

Harris’s prosecutorial record is turning me off. At this point I’d vote Warren to prevent a Sanders nomination.
Rookie Yinzer
RFKFan68
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #2 on: January 27, 2019, 02:16:51 PM »

My god.....

Its not true, its simply not true. Sanders' base went to Clinton 91-9, which is the best retention rate since 2000.

Seriously, Ive made this same comment about 3 times on this thread. Its simply not true.
What is the source for this by the way? I don't believe Sanders supporters went neatly 91-9 for Clinton and Trump.

And Sanders supporters could have stayed home because their leader kept perpetuating that the election was stolen from them and vowed to fight her nomination up until 2 weeks before the convention. He definitely sowed discord and to argue otherwise is disingenuous.
Rookie Yinzer
RFKFan68
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #3 on: January 27, 2019, 02:36:39 PM »
« Edited: January 27, 2019, 02:41:52 PM by RFKFan68 »

My god.....

Its not true, its simply not true. Sanders' base went to Clinton 91-9, which is the best retention rate since 2000.

Seriously, Ive made this same comment about 3 times on this thread. Its simply not true.
What is the source for this by the way? I don't believe Sanders supporters went neatly 91-9 for Clinton and Trump.

And Sanders supporters could have stayed home because their leader kept perpetuating that the election was stolen from them and vowed to fight her nomination up until 2 weeks before the convention. He definitely sowed discord and to argue otherwise is disingenuous.

Its easily searchable information.

Heres a graph of the numbers

Sorry, your narrative that the Sanders voters didnt vote en masse due to the fact that they didnt have their god emperor just doesnt line up with reality.
It's not just his supporters it's also about how his refusal to concede until 6 weeks after the last primary vote was held and perpetuating that the primary was rigged and stolen affected Clinton's image to the general electorate..... and no he didn't have to kiss her ass or not criticize her while they were competing but he continued to do it when he was mathematically eliminated and it was clear that Hillary was going to be on the ballot in November. Sanders's behavior affected the general, I don't care what graphs and figures you post.

ETA: Not saying he is THE REASON she lost or that she didn't do things wrong herself. Her loss was a death of a thousand cuts.
Rookie Yinzer
RFKFan68
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #4 on: January 27, 2019, 03:17:17 PM »

Sanders never even tried to make a convincing case for Clinton. He constantly repeated that he endorsed her only because Trump was much worse.
Not to mention that a few hours before election day he essentially  signaled to his voters that it's OK to vote for Trump by saying he doesn't believe that whoever votes for him is a racist.
Rookie Yinzer
RFKFan68
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #5 on: February 16, 2019, 09:12:00 PM »

Rookie Yinzer
RFKFan68
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #6 on: February 17, 2019, 12:22:41 AM »

I dont get why everyone is so opposed to his candidacy.
He is old and a lot of people don't like the way he conducted himself when he was mathematically eliminated from the nomination. We don't owe him anything. I'd like to leave the 2016 primary in the past. He would be a terrible president anyway. Warren would be much more competent.
Rookie Yinzer
RFKFan68
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #7 on: February 19, 2019, 09:29:08 AM »

I will support him if it somehow comes down to him and Gabbard or if he miracoulsly becomes the nominee.
Rookie Yinzer
RFKFan68
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #8 on: February 19, 2019, 10:55:06 AM »

He's pushing 80 and that is a ridiculously old age to be seeking the presidency at. There are multiple candidates in this race unlike 2016, so he doesn't have the luxury of getting votes just because he's not Clinton. He won't make it until Super Tuesday.
This. He will also be the front runner (Biden is too chicken to run and defend his sh-t policies) and thus the main target of attack at the first debates. Harris, Booker, Gillibrand, etc will be taking a hatchet to his image. A lot of his voters were not blind ideological purists, they were simply rejecting Hillary’s coronation.
Rookie Yinzer
RFKFan68
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #9 on: February 19, 2019, 12:15:09 PM »

The delusion.

Rookie Yinzer
RFKFan68
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #10 on: February 19, 2019, 12:31:33 PM »

Bernie's people actually think he can compete in WV!!! If only IceSpear was here to react to this.

This map will come to fruition

I remember Bernie bots decrying the notion that Dems would compete in GA, NC, TX, and AZ and this fool wants to compete in freaking OK.

Why does Bernie not want to compete in the Sun Belt states with heavy non-white populations?
Rookie Yinzer
RFKFan68
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #11 on: February 19, 2019, 12:43:53 PM »

Bernie's people actually think he can compete in WV!!! If only IceSpear was here to react to this.

This map will come to fruition

I remember Bernie bots decrying the notion that Dems would compete in GA, NC, TX, and AZ and this fool wants to compete in freaking OK.

Why does Bernie not want to compete in the Sun Belt states with heavy non-white populations?

I believe its suppose to be that the point of the poll is to show that White Rural Voters are a big fan of Sanders' message which would allow them to make plays in states with high White Rural voter populations. That would make sense for the states mentioned.
It’s a waste of time and resources. I saw nothing about competing in states with high black and brown working class populations that would flip decades before these other states. Bernie is a megalomaniac who has learned nothing in the past three years. He still thinks he is the poor white Republican whisperer.
Rookie Yinzer
RFKFan68
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #12 on: February 19, 2019, 01:03:55 PM »

The quote from an article said he is going to try to make a play for those states and says nothing about a 50 state strategy.
It seems to me they were talking about utilizing volunteers in all 50 states through phone banks. And the states that were mentioned as far as actual money were legitimately competitive and Obama won IN. What Bernie’s people are suggesting is pure lunacy.
Rookie Yinzer
RFKFan68
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #13 on: February 19, 2019, 02:49:47 PM »

Bernie once again trying to court the elusive "White working class" is exactly why he lost the primary in 2016 not because it was rigged.

Focusing on predominantly White and very rural states and not focusing on the base of Democratic Party combined with the fact that there are much more candidates running is exactly why Bernie's campaign will fail just like it did in 2016.

I can't wait to never have to here about Bernie Sanders ever again. It will be a blessing!
You neoliberal war monger corporatist big pharma whore!

Tongue
Rookie Yinzer
RFKFan68
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #14 on: February 19, 2019, 03:27:35 PM »

Bernie once again trying to court the elusive "White working class" is exactly why he lost the primary in 2016 not because it was rigged.

Focusing on predominantly White and very rural states and not focusing on the base of Democratic Party combined with the fact that there are much more candidates running is exactly why Bernie's campaign will fail just like it did in 2016.

I can't wait to never have to here about Bernie Sanders ever again. It will be a blessing!

Or Bernie can just scoot by winning 30-40% of the vote in states while Booker, Harris, Klobuchar, Biden and O'Rourke all eat away at each other.

(pssst, it's how Trump won the GOP primary in 2016)
There are no winner take all states and highly doubt all those candidates are relevant after Super Tuesday. Beto and Harris will wipe out everyone that night. Warren May be able to hang on but that’s it.

Chicken sh**t Biden isn’t running. He can’t legitimately defend his right wing beliefs.
Rookie Yinzer
RFKFan68
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #15 on: February 19, 2019, 03:53:10 PM »

Or Bernie can just scoot by winning 30-40% of the vote in states while Booker, Harris, Klobuchar, Biden and O'Rourke all eat away at each other.

(pssst, it's how Trump won the GOP primary in 2016)
There are no winner take all states and highly doubt all those candidates are relevant after Super Tuesday. Beto and Harris will wipe out everyone that night. Warren May be able to hang on but that’s it.

Chicken sh**t Biden isn’t running. He can’t legitimately defend his right wing beliefs.

If Biden is able to win the South and Harris does well in the big, urban states like California and Illinois, that's probably enough vote-splitting to let Sanders get nominated off 30-50% pluralities in states like Ohio and North Carolina.
Biden isn’t winning anything. There is a difference between the pragmatic incrementalism Hillary was proposing and Joe Biden who is a pro-choice Republican. He is vulnerable, and doesn’t have the luxury of being in a binary race with a Vermont Senator with low name ID among black Southerners.

Just imagine how bad he’ll look taking PAC money while everyone else rejects it. He has no genuine grassroots support. He would be propped up by low info voters who just know him as Obama’s VP. These types don’t donate or volunteer in campaigns. Biden needs to hang it up.
Rookie Yinzer
RFKFan68
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #16 on: February 24, 2019, 10:05:45 AM »

Well given that anyone who criticises her is more less told to shut up and get back in line . . .
Sounds much more like Bernie supporters.
This. I have already had several Bernie supporters both on social media and in real life tell me to get in line for Bernie in the general. They really think he is going to run away with the nomination because Hillary is gone. LOL.
Rookie Yinzer
RFKFan68
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #17 on: February 25, 2019, 10:44:54 PM »

Bernie stutters and stammers his way through why he STILL hasn't released his tax returns. Using the same verbiage from 2016 so this is obviously rehearsed.

He had the time to write 2 whole books since 2016 ...but he didn’t have the time to get his taxes ready? Lol

Rookie Yinzer
RFKFan68
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #18 on: February 25, 2019, 10:52:24 PM »

Thing is, this doesn't disqualify someone, as much as you wish it did. Has he erred? Yes. Does it automatically make him the worst person alive like you're implying it is? No.

1. I didn't imply he was the worst person alive.
2. I didn't say this was going to end his campaign.
3. LOL. If this was ANYONE else yall would have skewered them, fired up the barbecue, and put an apple in their mouth. I see the purist demands of transparency end when it comes to your favorite candidate.
Rookie Yinzer
RFKFan68
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #19 on: March 02, 2019, 03:08:02 PM »

Obviously Sanders is DOA though, and once people hear about one line he wrote in an essay 47 years ago, he'll lose 80% of his support. Roll Eyes Considering that he pretty much went in all for IA and NH early on last time around, it's clear that he's making some different tactical decisions this time around, and is trying to appeal to a wider base of voters. Whether or not he's successful in doing so is a different story and yet to be seen, but barring some enormous unforeseen event, he's not getting some 7th place showing in Iowa. He's a contender, whether Atlas posters like him/want to admit it or not.
You’re always over exaggerating. Nobody has said anything as absurd as Sanders finishing 7th in Iowa. Most people acknowledge that the primary will probably whittle down to him vs. Someone Else. What is being rebuffed is the notion that he has the nomination sewn up, the nomination was really his last time and he will finally win now that the big, bad, behemoth witch Hillary Clinton isn’t conspiring against him. Which is fantasy in and of itself.
Rookie Yinzer
RFKFan68
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #20 on: March 03, 2019, 12:16:58 PM »

5. Why is this always brought up? Its extremely trivial and rather dumb. He fits exactly in the Democratic Party, he has paid his dues, hes worked with the Democrats. The fact that he doesnt wear the D label is such a non-factor. Does this mean Angus King is also not a real Democrat? Why is a person like Rouda, who was a Republican just 2 years ago, more of a Democrat than Sanders? Its basically a non-existent issue, and I have no idea why this is repeated ad nauseam when it has no effect on how he will govern.
Angus King and Harley Rouda were not demanding super delegates crown him the nominee on the floor of the convention after losing by 3 million voters just because.
Rookie Yinzer
RFKFan68
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #21 on: March 03, 2019, 12:53:23 PM »

5. Why is this always brought up? Its extremely trivial and rather dumb. He fits exactly in the Democratic Party, he has paid his dues, hes worked with the Democrats. The fact that he doesnt wear the D label is such a non-factor. Does this mean Angus King is also not a real Democrat? Why is a person like Rouda, who was a Republican just 2 years ago, more of a Democrat than Sanders? Its basically a non-existent issue, and I have no idea why this is repeated ad nauseam when it has no effect on how he will govern.
Angus King and Harley Rouda were not demanding super delegates crown him the nominee on the floor of the convention after losing by 3 million voters just because.

Uh huh Roll Eyes

Of course, this never happened, but if you want to believe it did, then go ahead Wink. Doesnt change the facts of the situation.

Of course, if you can give me a clip of him "demanding the super delegates crown him the nominee" then I shall recant my post.

Edit: Also, this is just pretty much deflection. Sanders is as much a Democrat as Rouda, who was a Republican 2 years ago, and King, an indie for just as long as Sanders.
I mean.... Bernie is right here acknowledging Hillary will win a majority of pledged delegates but asking the supers to overturn the will of the people. LOL.

I do believe Sanders stands with Democrats on most issues and will be infinitely better than Donald Trump. I will get behind him in the general but this is a primary and I don't want him to win. I will continue to lob what I feel are valid criticisms at him until he wins a majority of pledged delegates. Until then, I will continue speaking out.
Rookie Yinzer
RFKFan68
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #22 on: March 03, 2019, 12:59:00 PM »

Michael Bloomberg has never been elected as a Democrat, was elected twice as a Republican, had a Democratic opponent in all three of his elections, and has spoken at the RNC and endorsed George W. Bush and John McCain. But most Sanders haters don't seem to have a problem with him.
He’s irrelevant and has no constituency in the Democratic Party. Why exert energy on someone who will be a big, fat loser?
Rookie Yinzer
RFKFan68
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #23 on: March 04, 2019, 02:58:27 PM »

Today Bernie filed for re-election...in 2024 as an Independent.

https://www.thedailybeast.com/bernie-sanders-files-fo-2024-re-election-to-senate

He also had a pretty rough time on a black radio show, stumbled a lot on reparations questions and other things.

*DEAD*

A civil rights activist that can’t point to any civil rights legislation he proposed after 30 years in Congress.
Rookie Yinzer
RFKFan68
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #24 on: March 15, 2019, 04:26:04 PM »

I bet a lot of people won't mention the "given a clean bill of health" part.

At least that's what his campaign is saying, they also said they'd be releasing his tax returns 'soon' for the past two years. The whole way they describe it sounds bizarre, seems more likely he had an elderly fall in the shower which is more damaging to reveal.
Pages: [1] 2 3  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies