VA-GOV 2017: Utter Panic and Doom (General election: Nov 7th) (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 14, 2024, 07:05:59 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Gubernatorial/State Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  VA-GOV 2017: Utter Panic and Doom (General election: Nov 7th) (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: VA-GOV 2017: Utter Panic and Doom (General election: Nov 7th)  (Read 164413 times)
LabourJersey
United States

« on: January 04, 2017, 09:24:18 PM »

This is going to make the VA gubernatorial race a whole lot more interesting!

I hope Perriello wins.
LabourJersey
United States

« Reply #1 on: January 04, 2017, 09:25:50 PM »

This is going to make the VA gubernatorial race a whole lot more interesting!

I hope Perriello wins.
LabourJersey
United States

« Reply #2 on: April 04, 2017, 02:04:55 PM »

It may be another proxy battle between Sanders and Clinton. Reliving the 2016 Democratic presidential primaries.

Tom Perriello has some good ideas, but he may be too anti-gun and anti-military to win in Virginia. The Democratic primary is Lean Northam at this point.

We'll see. I think Northam can do well in the rural areas of Virginia, but Perriello could do well with the anti-gun NOVA suburbanites that have flooded Virginia over the past couple of years.

However, Ed Gillespie probably wants Perriello as the Democratic opponent in this open seat. RGA would pour money into this race, and yes, Republicans can still win Virginia despite it being an off-year in Trump/Pence-era politics.

http://www.politico.com/story/2017/04/bernie-sanders-endorses-tom-perriello-236858

Perriello was endorsed by the NRA at one point--in what fantasy world does he count as "too anti-gun"? Also I don't think there is anyone in elected American politics who can accurately be described as "anti-military."
LabourJersey
United States

« Reply #3 on: April 26, 2017, 12:40:25 PM »

With regards to Northam having Virginia support, does this having any effect on the ballot for the primary? Will Northam have Column A in most counties?

I personally think this is the only way that state bigwigs have any real power in primaries anymore-give their preferred candidates the first column to encourage low information voters to go with their guy. The high information voters couldn't care less about what their state senator thinks--they're the ones in tune with Liz Warren's endorsements, John Podesta's endorsements, etc.
LabourJersey
United States

« Reply #4 on: June 13, 2017, 08:05:20 PM »

Anyway I'm not going to use the thread to bash Northam, but never again do I want to hear a DLC cuck complain about Bernie not being a "real Democrat."  Bernie and Perriello didn't vote for George Bush twice.
Northam reminds me Charlie Crist: career politician in the sense that he will be anything to further his career.

Quick question: was the LG race supposed to be so close? I never saw any polls for it.

Well it's not like Northam was a Democratic elected official in 2000/2004-- he was a private citizen. A person voting for a different party before running for office is a whole other ball game than switching parties altogether for pure political gain
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies