FIFA Confederations Cup 2013 - Official Discussion Thread (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 01, 2024, 07:54:01 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Off-topic Board (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, The Mikado, YE)
  FIFA Confederations Cup 2013 - Official Discussion Thread (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: FIFA Confederations Cup 2013 - Official Discussion Thread  (Read 10379 times)
Harry
Atlas Superstar
Ukraine

« on: June 14, 2013, 05:37:27 PM »

Why does Tahiti have a team?  Does each piece of French Polynesia compete separately?  Wouldn't they be a stronger team if they competed together?

Why not also get with Wallis & Futina and New Caledonia and compete as "French Pacific" or something?

And similar to a question I asked previously, if Tahiti ever had a player good enough to make France's team, would he switch over and play for France?
Harry
Atlas Superstar
Ukraine

« Reply #1 on: June 15, 2013, 12:18:10 PM »

You must be logged in to read this quote.

You can switch teams?  Something's wrong with that.

I say every country should have 1 team, and if you're a dependency like French Polynesia, you play on and root for France.
Harry
Atlas Superstar
Ukraine

« Reply #2 on: June 15, 2013, 07:25:49 PM »

Why are Italy's uniforms blue?  Wouldn't that be like the USA wearing green or purple or something?

I would think a national team would wear it's country's national colors.  Or is there some kind of awesome reason behind the blue?
Harry
Atlas Superstar
Ukraine

« Reply #3 on: June 15, 2013, 10:22:27 PM »

I'm painfully ignorant because I didn't know that the House of Savoy's (which I've only barely even heard of anyway) official color is blue?  Or because I didn't realize that Italy's soccer team would chose its uniform color based on that, rather than the color of its flag?
Harry
Atlas Superstar
Ukraine

« Reply #4 on: June 16, 2013, 11:36:39 AM »

Harry asked if there was  "some kind of awesome reason" for the color choice. That means he thought the answer might be no, in which case he found it entirely possible that it was picked randomly. Tongue I find that to be incredibly ignorant. Whatever the case, Harry is amping up the trolling. He does this whenever an international tournament comes around.

It's trolling to ask about a team's uniform colors?  I was legitimately curious...

Why are you so sensitive about these things?
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies