October Presidential Elections - The road to 270 (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 18, 2024, 10:52:30 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  October Presidential Elections - The road to 270 (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: October Presidential Elections - The road to 270  (Read 626 times)
Talleyrand
YaBB God

« on: December 07, 2013, 05:14:01 PM »
« edited: December 07, 2013, 05:32:19 PM by Talleyrand »

I mean, it's so preliminary at the moment, but we could probably figure something out...

Cris, what exactly is your methodology here? If this was to become a voting system, I guess individual states' EVs would be assigned by preferential elections within the state, right? I'd be curious to see how this system would've applied to other past elections too.

If we did any sort of electoral college in a presidential election, wouldn't it have to be done by region? I couldn't imagine how we could support it by state, especially when we have 50 states, and a 150 citizens. It is certainly an interesting idea, but my fear is that most regions would become safe for one party or another (it certainly isn't that way now) and we'd end up with one or two competitive regions, which could dull up the game. I'd love to hear more about it though if people can get something concrete going.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies