Official March 4th Results Discussion Topic (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 12, 2024, 03:28:38 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2008 Elections
  Official March 4th Results Discussion Topic (search mode)
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: Official March 4th Results Discussion Topic  (Read 57042 times)
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« on: March 04, 2008, 07:32:41 PM »

McCain to unveil "1191" delegate tally banner at victory rally.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #1 on: March 04, 2008, 07:47:01 PM »

Crunching the Ohio Exit poll numbers leaves me feeling very good. Obama didn't have to win, he just had to avoid the 55%-44% numbers that the polls were projecting.

He apparently has done that.

We may finally be: "Free at last, free at last, thank GOD ALMIGHTY, we are free at last!"

You do realize that she won't drop out if she wins the state (regardless of the marin), right?
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #2 on: March 04, 2008, 08:00:00 PM »

Err, Ohio is starting to report.  60-38 Clinton with a few precincts from Hancock and Pickaway counties.

Which county in OH is Naso living in again ?

Portage
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #3 on: March 04, 2008, 08:17:13 PM »

Hillary will speak no sooner than 9 PM EST and then head to DC according to CNN.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #4 on: March 04, 2008, 08:22:53 PM »

Hillary will speak no sooner than 9 PM EST and then head to DC according to CNN.

Her heading to DC sounds like her campaign thinks it's at the very least done sufficent to fight on.

...they said she was simply "going home."
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #5 on: March 04, 2008, 08:28:29 PM »

Her heading to DC sounds like her campaign thinks it's at the very least done sufficent to fight on.
...they said she was simply "going home."

Never anything "simple" about the Clinton's movements during a campaign. Smiley

That said, "Going Home" is an interesting turn of phrase... but perhaps I'm reading too much into this?

I think they just meant spending the night at home but who knows.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #6 on: March 04, 2008, 08:41:02 PM »

CNN - Bush to endorse McCain

Haha...

At least they'll vote Democratic in the GE.

Don't be so sure.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #7 on: March 04, 2008, 08:43:39 PM »

At least they'll vote Democratic in the GE.

Don't be so sure.
[/quote]

Uh, they're the base. They always turn out.
[/quote]

Roll Eyes

Uh, thanks. I was saying that they might not vote Dem in the General.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #8 on: March 04, 2008, 08:47:32 PM »

If they turn out every year to vote in the Democratic Primary, why wouldn't they vote Democratic?

Uh, what? Whites turn out in the Dem primary. Whites tend to vote Republican.

This is such a mind numbing conversation.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #9 on: March 04, 2008, 11:17:37 PM »

Hillary - Democratic winner of the night.

Not...dead...yet...
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #10 on: March 04, 2008, 11:31:34 PM »

Haha, no Bill at the event!
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #11 on: March 04, 2008, 11:39:16 PM »

Obama has been speaking for about a minute. How many people have fainted so far?
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #12 on: March 04, 2008, 11:44:20 PM »

I almost always admire Obama's delivery but he does seem very nasty in his tone tonight.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #13 on: March 05, 2008, 12:15:01 AM »

Also the good streak for Hillary in the media likely ends tomorrow morning when the caucus comes in (then there's the rumor of Obama's fundraising + superdelegate bloc.)

Yeah ok.

Hillary's three state comeback > Texas caucus results
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #14 on: March 05, 2008, 12:16:49 AM »

Also the good streak for Hillary in the media likely ends tomorrow morning when the caucus comes in (then there's the rumor of Obama's fundraising + superdelegate bloc.)

Yeah ok.

Hillary's three state comeback > Texas caucus results

Not necessarily in delegates...

I still think the major story/headlines will be "Clinton Comeback."
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #15 on: March 05, 2008, 12:21:37 AM »

Momentum would be important if Pennsylvania was next week. It's not; it's in April. By the time Pennsylvania votes, any momentum from today will have been completely forgotten, and Obama will still have a 150+ delegate lead.

She's going to get a comfortable victory here. It will be just like Ohio. She's going to have that momentum for awhile.

Momentum would be important if Pennsylvania was next week. It's not; it's in April. By the time Pennsylvania votes, any momentum from today will have been completely forgotten, and Obama will still have a 150+ delegate lead.

And Hillary has to eat two big losses before it.

Big losses? Wow. I've never heard Wyoming described as "big" in any sense. Whose spinning now?
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #16 on: March 05, 2008, 12:25:27 AM »

And Hillary has to eat two big losses before it.

Big losses? Wow. I've never heard Wyoming described as "big" in any sense. Whose spinning now?

Big in terms of the margin. Wyoming's not a big state but neither is Iowa or New Hampshire.

Iowa and New Hampshire are well known "first in the nation" contest. Wyoming is...uh...
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #17 on: March 05, 2008, 12:28:18 AM »

Chuck Todd on MSNBC is saying that even if Clinton's 2 point lead in TX holds up, his best guess (because of the particular districts where each candidate won) is that Obama nets about 3-4 delegates just from the *primary* contest in TX

Oh, yes. This is clearly the more democratic system.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #18 on: March 05, 2008, 12:33:02 AM »

Chuck Todd on MSNBC is saying that even if Clinton's 2 point lead in TX holds up, his best guess (because of the particular districts where each candidate won) is that Obama nets about 3-4 delegates just from the *primary* contest in TX

Is giving 100% of delegates to someone who wins 32% more democratic and proportional?

Uh, at least the person who won more votes gets more delegates as opposed to someone losing in the vote count yet obtaining more delegates.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #19 on: March 05, 2008, 12:37:30 AM »

Is giving 100% of delegates to someone who wins 32% more democratic and proportional?

Uh, at least the person who won more votes gets more delegates as opposed to someone losing in the vote count yet obtaining more delegates.

But by any mathematical measure of proportionality the Democratic system wins out.

Sorry but I "proportionality" shouldn't mean more. Someone getting less votes shouldn't get more delegates.

Do you really want to make this argument? We could talk about House malapportionment, Senate malapportionment, the 2000 EC results...

The Electoral College is a different argument. Then again, I'm not the one running around saying how "democratic" either system is. You guys keep going on about how "democratic" the Democratic primaries are. It's ridiculous.

The votes of a greater number of people matter under our system, whereas in your system, 68% of voters don't matter at all.

At least the person who gets the most votes benefits in my system. Your system - Win more votes but lose where it matters! That's democracy!
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #20 on: March 05, 2008, 12:51:29 AM »

CNN calls it.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #21 on: March 05, 2008, 01:01:43 AM »

Clinton did better than I thought she would. She won Ohio by a fair amount, although not the sort of margin she needed to have any hope of catching up with pledged delegates. She won the Texas primary, and she's currently up 65-61 with their delegates. That net of 4 should be cancelled out by Obama's expected win in the caucus. She's looking stronger than before, but Obama is definitely still the front-runner, before she was looking like a joke.

Wow, you're such a hack jFRAUD. [/Phil and J. J.]

No, you see, I applaud when people admit a defeat. You have yet to do so.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #22 on: March 05, 2008, 01:07:02 AM »

I'm going to laugh heartily when Obama wins Texas

I don't know about you but I'm certainly enjoying a good laugh.

Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #23 on: March 05, 2008, 01:20:52 AM »

My current delegate projection by the way are Obama +6 in Wyoming, Obama +9 in Mississippi and Hillary +9 in Pennsylvania.

If Clinton wins Pennsylvania by 9 points, this probably is going to the convention after all.

She's winning PA by at least nine.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #24 on: March 05, 2008, 01:28:09 AM »

My current delegate projection by the way are Obama +6 in Wyoming, Obama +9 in Mississippi and Hillary +9 in Pennsylvania.

If Clinton wins Pennsylvania by 9 points, this probably is going to the convention after all.

She's winning PA by at least nine.

Rasmussen disagrees.

LOL

Ok. Want me to name the other polls that had her up over ten points? By the way, those polls with Obama closing in mean nothing now. Easy win in OH = easy win in PA.
Pages: [1] 2  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies