Union official to get $500,000 in pensions (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 28, 2024, 11:11:15 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Union official to get $500,000 in pensions (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Union official to get $500,000 in pensions  (Read 955 times)
Link
« on: October 12, 2011, 11:19:16 AM »
« edited: October 12, 2011, 11:22:01 AM by Link »

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/44872639/ns/us_news-life/#.TpW43ZviE8k

The Chicago Tribune and WGN-TV, which obtained information about union pension benefits during a joint investigation, said at least eight union officials in Chicago were eligible for what were described as inflated city pensions on top of union pensions for the same period of employment.

The news organizations said this was due to "a charitable interpretation" of Illinois law by officials representing two city pension funds.

Have fun with your Quinn tax increase.

This of course is why we need to ensure these pensions die over the next decade as they are scheduled to according to mathematics.

A handful of cherry picked pensions does not a trend make.  If you want to talk about inflated benefits packages in America look no further than the corporate board room.

I don't know what a "union official" is exactly.  I don't know what they do and I don't know how well these individuals have done it.  What I do know is there are countless CEOs that have outsourced American jobs and lost billions of dollars for investors and walked out the door with golden parachutes that make the numbers you quoted look like a 5 year olds walking around money.  ALL inflated benefits packages should be scrutinized but let's start at the top where the most egregious abuses are taking place and work our way down.  Deal?
Link
« Reply #1 on: October 12, 2011, 12:11:41 PM »

Not really a handful. Illinois state pension expense has quadrupled since 1992 from $2.5 billion to $10 billion in constant dollars.

http://www.usgovernmentspending.com/spending_chart_1992_2016ILk_12s1li111mcn_00t

And this is all due to people getting half million dollar a year pensions.  Do you hear yourself?
Link
« Reply #2 on: October 15, 2011, 12:14:43 PM »

Absolutely ludicrous. Public union pension benefits are ruining this country.

You know I always wondered what explained this graph...

Now I know its all due to former government employees who are now pensioners.  Good post!
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies