14 year old boy arrested for bringing a homemade clock to school (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 18, 2024, 11:12:56 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  14 year old boy arrested for bringing a homemade clock to school (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: 14 year old boy arrested for bringing a homemade clock to school  (Read 11757 times)
Leinad
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.03, S: -7.91

« on: September 16, 2015, 11:03:19 AM »

Just another case of statism. Someone has something that vaguely might be a bomb? Call the freaking POLICE and have this 14-YEAR OLD FREAKING ARRESTED?!?!?

Have a problem? Solve it with government force. That's the way everyone thinks these days, and it's freaking stupid.

13 year old boy suspended for playing "hangman" (a word game a long the lines of Wheel of Fortune that kids have played forever)

6 different stories of students suspended for obviously fake guns

very white 12 year old girl suspended for not tucking in shirt

teen suspended for pink hair (to support breast cancer), teen suspended for growing hair too long (to support his sister with cancer), I could go on for hours I'm sure, but I'm hoping you get the point.  Like I said in my first words in my first post in this thread
I'm not saying he should have been arrested or suspended, he clearly shouldn't be,

Those are all ridiculously idiotic things as well. I know that you agree that he shouldn't have been punished for this, but calling him stupid is just victim-blaming, which solves nothing.

This is not his fault, now matter how Arabic his name sounds or what day it is. It's the fault for the idiotic people in charge assuming it's something bad and calling big brother to put a child in jail over it.

HOLY SH!!T THEY PUT A FREAKING 14-YEAR-OLD IN FREAKING JAIL BECAUSE HE MADE A FREAKING CLOCK!!!!

This is why I'm a libertarian, and also why I don't get invited to parties (because I respond to these types of things in over-the-top rants). A government that acts like this is not one I want to take orders from, not one I want to pay taxes to, not one I want to die in Iraq for--it's not a government I want to live under.

Sigh. NFL season just started up, the Premier League season is still in it's infancy, and MLS is coming down the final stretch. Star Wars VII is coming up in only a few months. More bread, more circuses, and hope this crap doesn't happen to me.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies