SENATE BILL: Deregistration Forgiveness Act (Passed) (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 10, 2024, 02:49:30 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Government (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  SENATE BILL: Deregistration Forgiveness Act (Passed) (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: SENATE BILL: Deregistration Forgiveness Act (Passed)  (Read 1487 times)
Sirius_
Ninja0428
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -2.00, S: -7.91

« on: April 14, 2021, 07:19:26 PM »

I'd rather eliminate deregistration entirely than to enable people to rage-quit with impunity. Pretty much everyone I've seen deregister has returned after not too long of a time period.
Atlasia, the only game where people can say that leaving the game is against the game's rules and they think it makes sense.
Sirius_
Ninja0428
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: April 14, 2021, 10:11:21 PM »

I'd rather eliminate deregistration entirely than to enable people to rage-quit with impunity. Pretty much everyone I've seen deregister has returned after not too long of a time period.
Atlasia, the only game where people can say that leaving the game is against the game's rules and they think it makes sense.

If you read my posts, you'd see that I'm fine with people deregistering. Leaving the game and coming back three days later is what makes no sense. Simply not participating will have you automatically removed after a period of time. Frankly I'd like to hear more from the proponents of this because I don't see any benefit to this change at the moment.
All this talk about ragequitting just seems to be creating a problem that didn't exist - we really don't have a crisis because of it. People get mad, it happens. It isn't a big deal, and it takes so much for people to actually ragequit that it doesn't happen that often.
Sirius_
Ninja0428
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: April 15, 2021, 07:36:29 AM »

FWIW I quit less out of rage and more out of hurt over... things. Not that I expect that to be relevant to this debate, but I'm far from the first person to leave out of temporary frustration, and I won't be the last.

But yes, perhaps eliminating deregistration altogether would be the best idea. If you don't want to participate in the game, don't play and you will be auto-deregistered for inactivity. That will reduce the burden on the GM and let people do as they wish.

The only reason Congress should be intervening is to eliminate strategic registration. Restrictions on changing regions makes sense, but punishing people who leave in the heat of the moment just seems mean to me.

I'm still not sure what happened but thanks for speaking up. I also could clarify that my comments about rage quitting where not directed at you specifically, but more aimed at some of the stuff we saw during the Green Party implosion. You're certainly not the first person to leave and return shortly for various reasons, and I do think people who leave for whatever reason should be welcomed back.

My main thought here is that if we reduce the penalty we may see more situations occur and creating even more work for Peebs, who truly serves in two of the most thankless positions.

Understood, Senator.

Once again, simply banning deregistration (and perhaps nullifying existing deregistrations as a bonus... *cough*) should create less work for Peebs. My memory might be fuzzy, but I do believe we did ban deregistration for some time. I don't know why it would be reinstated. But I think that's the best solution for all parties involved.
It wasn't banned, it was forgotten to be included when we did the legislative reset, and we reinstated it because it created a dumb crisis.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies