The "Who is running?" tea leaves thread (Part 2)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 16, 2024, 09:04:40 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2016 U.S. Presidential Election
  The "Who is running?" tea leaves thread (Part 2)
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 25 26 27 28 29 [30] 31 32 33 34 35 ... 55
Author Topic: The "Who is running?" tea leaves thread (Part 2)  (Read 196059 times)
Sprouts Farmers Market ✘
Sprouts
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix
E: -4.90, S: 1.74

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #725 on: April 09, 2015, 09:46:30 AM »

Yeah, but imagen 99 joke candidates all polling at 1%!!! That's the way to topple Hilary! We've overlooked it for so long.

That's how this thing works, right?
Maxwell
mah519
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix
E: -6.45, S: -6.96

« Reply #726 on: April 09, 2015, 11:25:40 AM »

Compared to the clowns in 2016, Chris Dodd 2008 is suddenly looking like the toppled juggernaut.
RogueBeaver
Atlas Star
Canada
« Reply #727 on: April 09, 2015, 11:38:13 AM »

Santorum sets up a "testing the waters" committee. Congrats Phil.

Walker lines up TN legislative support.
RogueBeaver
Atlas Star
Canada
« Reply #728 on: April 09, 2015, 01:17:22 PM »

Walker on a European trade mission.
RogueBeaver
Atlas Star
Canada
« Reply #729 on: April 09, 2015, 04:59:25 PM »

Hillary to announce Saturday or Sunday.
IceSpear
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.19, S: -6.43

« Reply #730 on: April 09, 2015, 05:11:41 PM »

Will former Republican Lincoln Chafee replace former Republican Jim Webb as the Atlas Forum's progressive savior?
Senator Spiral
Spiral
Atlas Politician
YaBB God
Bosnia and Herzegovina

« Reply #731 on: April 09, 2015, 05:34:52 PM »

Will former Republican Lincoln Chafee replace former Republican Jim Webb as the Atlas Forum's progressive savior?

Nah, most of you will defer to former Republican Hillary Clinton anyway.
BaconBacon96
Ireland, Republic of

« Reply #732 on: April 09, 2015, 05:43:11 PM »

#wrecked
Attorney General & PPT Dwarven Dragon
Dwarven Dragon
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.42, S: -0.52

P P P

« Reply #733 on: April 09, 2015, 05:48:40 PM »

meh, 2.3% chance of her not running.
IceSpear
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #734 on: April 09, 2015, 05:49:06 PM »

Quite a big difference between being a Republican in the 2000s and being a Republican in the 1960s.

And besides, Hillary is not considered a "progressive savior" here. In fact, I even recall people here attacking her for being a Republican in the 60s. So either way you slice it the comparison falls flat.
Senator Spiral
Spiral
Atlas Politician
YaBB God
Bosnia and Herzegovina

« Reply #735 on: April 09, 2015, 06:12:07 PM »

Quite a big difference between being a Republican in the 2000s and being a Republican in the 1960s.

And besides, Hillary is not considered a "progressive savior" here. In fact, I even recall people here attacking her for being a Republican in the 60s. So either way you slice it the comparison falls flat.

Elizabeth Warren was a Republican up until the 1990s, yet her "progressive" credentials are well established and you would surely acknowledge her as one too Or, am I wrong and she's too close to Chafee and Webb on the timeline? Does it really matter how much time has passed since your views have changed if your views have changed? This isn't something I need to explain.
IceSpear
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #736 on: April 09, 2015, 06:19:41 PM »

Elizabeth Warren was a Republican up until the 1990s, yet her "progressive" credentials are well established and you would surely acknowledge her as one too Or, am I wrong and she's too close to Chafee and Webb on the timeline? Does it really matter how much time has passed since your views have changed if your views have changed? This isn't something I need to explain.

Except, again, nobody touts Hillary as a "progressive savior" and she has gotten attacked on here for being a Republican in the 60s. It's just yet another double standard that I love to point out. Wink
Senator Spiral
Spiral
Atlas Politician
YaBB God
Bosnia and Herzegovina

« Reply #737 on: April 09, 2015, 06:37:45 PM »
« Edited: April 09, 2015, 06:39:30 PM by Spiral »

Except, again, nobody touts Hillary as a "progressive savior" and she has gotten attacked on here for being a Republican in the 60s. It's just yet another double standard that I love to point out. Wink

The people who attack her for that are being silly, but to me it reeks of desperation that you'd bring up something that trivial to defend your preferred candidate. Never mind the fact that Clinton enthusiastically supported Barry Goldwater of all candidates and not some random moderate Republican, which seems to be okay with you since it was the '60s. Yet you're still faulting others for this in the Chafee thread, so keep it up if you want to look like a hypocrite, I guess.
IceSpear
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #738 on: April 09, 2015, 06:58:14 PM »

The people who attack her for that are being silly, but to me it reeks of desperation that you'd bring up something that trivial to defend your preferred candidate. Never mind the fact that Clinton enthusiastically supported Barry Goldwater of all candidates and not some random moderate Republican, which seems to be okay with you since it was the '60s. Yet you're still faulting others for this in the Chafee thread, so keep it up if you want to look like a hypocrite, I guess.

LOL, yes, desperation. I'll be sure to bookmark this post for 9 months from now when Webb and Chafee destroy Hillary.

You seem to be missing the point. I don't really give a crap that Chafee and Webb used to be Republicans, at least to the extent where it may have shaped their current views. My initial reply in this thread was clearly tongue in cheek, directed at the people who bash Hillary for every little thing while overlooking every fault of their precious "anti-Hillary" joke candidates. You guys can dish it out but you can't take it.
Senator Spiral
Spiral
Atlas Politician
YaBB God
Bosnia and Herzegovina

« Reply #739 on: April 09, 2015, 07:22:37 PM »

LOL, yes, desperation. I'll be sure to bookmark this post for 9 months from now when Webb and Chafee destroy Hillary.

You seem to be missing the point. I don't really give a crap that Chafee and Webb used to be Republicans, at least to the extent where it may have shaped their current views. My initial reply in this thread was clearly tongue in cheek, directed at the people who bash Hillary for every little thing while overlooking every fault of their precious "anti-Hillary" joke candidates. You guys can dish it out but you can't take it.

FTR, I don't believe that either of them would even come close to beating Clinton in the primaries. I only bring this up because of your penchant for being Hillary's lapdog and coming to her defense in every related thread I see. Your post was tongue-in-cheek but part of a larger trend that's painfully obvious. Anyway, that's all I've got to say here. Tongue
Mr. Morden
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #740 on: April 09, 2015, 08:16:18 PM »

Kasich update:

http://www.ohio.com/news/break-news/kasich-keeps-2016-presidential-prospects-open-ahead-of-visits-to-new-hampshire-south-carolina-1.581983

You must be logged in to read this quote.
Phony Moderate
Obamaisdabest
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #741 on: April 10, 2015, 04:13:38 AM »

It says a lot that Kasich would likely be the 'RINO'/Jon Huntsman-esque candidate if he ran.
RogueBeaver
Atlas Star
Canada
« Reply #742 on: April 10, 2015, 08:09:17 AM »

Walker gaining legislative support in NC.
RogueBeaver
Atlas Star
Canada
« Reply #743 on: April 10, 2015, 04:19:10 PM »

Rubio donors meeting on Sunday.
ChainsawJedis
Tj Hare
Rookie

« Reply #744 on: April 11, 2015, 12:55:18 AM »

Oh wow, someones views they held as a teenager changed after nearly 50 years of adulthood. Shame on them.
IceSpear
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #745 on: April 11, 2015, 05:19:57 AM »

According to Politico, Lindsey's main objective in a potential run would be to stop Paul. He says he'll decide on whether or not to run by late May.

http://www.politico.com/story/2015/04/lindsey-graham-rand-paul-2016-116837.html?ml=po_r
Gallium
« Reply #746 on: April 11, 2015, 09:47:28 AM »

O'Malley to announce decision by late May.
Ebsy
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #747 on: April 11, 2015, 12:48:39 PM »

According to Politico, Lindsey's main objective in a potential run would be to stop Paul. He says he'll decide on whether or not to run by late May.

http://www.politico.com/story/2015/04/lindsey-graham-rand-paul-2016-116837.html?ml=po_r

This man is an embarrassment to the whole South.
As opposed to Rand Paul, who is an embarrassment to the entire nation?
Orthogonian Society Treasurer
CommanderClash
YaBB God
Bermuda

Political Matrix
E: 0.32, S: 4.78

P
« Reply #748 on: April 11, 2015, 01:27:11 PM »

I'm sure John Bolton is absolutely fuming that someone is trying to cut into his base of paranoid hawk nutjobs.
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 5.29, S: -5.04

« Reply #749 on: April 11, 2015, 03:03:56 PM »

This man is an embarrassment to the whole South.
As opposed to Rand Paul, who is an embarrassment to the entire nation?
Yeah, more embarrassing than a guy who voted to invade Iraq based on false information Roll Eyes
Pages: 1 ... 25 26 27 28 29 [30] 31 32 33 34 35 ... 55  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies