Amash (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 16, 2024, 04:04:00 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Amash (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Amash  (Read 2383 times)
ElectionsGuy
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: 7.10, S: -7.65

P P
« on: June 27, 2015, 03:47:25 PM »

Run for governor or Senate? Tongue
ElectionsGuy
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #1 on: June 29, 2015, 05:20:23 PM »

If he ran for President, I would campaign fervently. He's my favorite congressman, and it's not just because we share a birthday. My hope is that he's young enough to get the role in 20 or so years if the Republican party moves closer to a libertarian ideology (which I think, or at least hope, is inevitable).

I hope he's primaried in the next cycle.  That being said, I'd rather him run for some other office just so he'd leave Congress. He is a radical isolationist RINO

Huh, never heard a small-government, pro-constitution guy be called a "RINO," that's usually reserved for the Lindsey Graham or John McCain types. Although I suppose he is mostly a Republican just because someone without a D or R next to their name has little chance of ever winning. And that's a good thing. We need more people in government who are in favor of limiting the government's influence both at home and abroad, and whether they stick to their team's platform is by far a lesser concern.

You see, being a constitutionalist and favoring limited government in almost every scenario gets you called a "RINO" in the Republican Party.
ElectionsGuy
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #2 on: July 02, 2015, 11:30:57 AM »

How many (R-ME)s do we have? Tongue
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies