Trump : "We're going to work on our ghettos"
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 19, 2024, 05:57:41 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2016 U.S. Presidential Election
  Trump : "We're going to work on our ghettos"
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: Trump : "We're going to work on our ghettos"  (Read 2566 times)
OneJ
OneJ_
YaBB God
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: October 27, 2016, 06:07:03 PM »

i am so happy that african-americans are far too smart to fall for a) these lies and b) that fake outreach.
Than they would vote for Bernie in primaries? Roll Eyes

You have a lot to learn.
Confused Democrat
reidmill
United States

« Reply #26 on: October 27, 2016, 06:08:00 PM »

"we're going to work on our, the ghettos - are in so, the, you take a look at what's going on where you have pockets of - areas of land where you have the inner cities and you have so many things"
My english is not good enough, I think. What's the problem in phrase "we're going to work on our, the ghettos" Huh

It should be "we're going to work on ours, the ghettos."

"Our" is used before a noun: That is our book.
"Ours" is used following the verb, at the end of the sentence: That book is ours.

"we're going to work on our, the ghettos." Doesn't make sense because "our" isn't modifying a noun. We're going to work on our _____.  Our what?

Ours is the first person plural possessive pronoun – it replaces “our” + noun.

So if you say "we're going to work on ours"  ours would be replacing "our" + ghettos. The rest of the sentence is just for clarification ", the ghettos."
Fuzzy Bear
Atlas Star
United States

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #27 on: October 27, 2016, 06:14:53 PM »

clinton is a household name in the south.
Yes, but is voting for household name is sign of being "too smart to fall for a) these lies and b) that fake outreach"? Was Bill Clinton's policies so good for Blacks? Was Hillary's policies for Blacks any better than Bernie's? One can argue that they voted for more electable choise, but I doubt. Do you? Roll Eyes

This is why Blacks love the Clintons

By this logic, blacks should view Bush 43 very positively.

I will say this:  The Bushes are not racists, and do not get enough credit for their attempts to diversify the makeup of the GOP.  That IS very much a real problem for Republicans, and they have, indeed, made being a Democrat almost a "built-in feature" of being black in America.  No ethnic or racial group has the level of attachment to their political party at near-unanimous levels as the loyalty blacks show to the Democratic Party.  The Bushes have tried to do things about this, but even their diverse Cabinet appointments haven't resulted in any moving the needle in the polls.
Hammy
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #28 on: October 27, 2016, 06:22:55 PM »

By this logic, blacks should view Bush 43 very positively.

I will say this:  The Bushes are not racists, and do not get enough credit for their attempts to diversify the makeup of the GOP.  That IS very much a real problem for Republicans, and they have, indeed, made being a Democrat almost a "built-in feature" of being black in America.  No ethnic or racial group has the level of attachment to their political party at near-unanimous levels as the loyalty blacks show to the Democratic Party.  The Bushes have tried to do things about this, but even their diverse Cabinet appointments haven't resulted in any moving the needle in the polls.

It started dropping under Bush in 2008 (and except for a small rise, dropped during most of his term) and started rebounding midway through Obama's first term (as this doesn't appear to show any of his second.)

Bush may not be racist but his economic policies were simply not well thought out, well-intended as they may have been.
PresidentSamTilden

« Reply #29 on: October 27, 2016, 06:26:04 PM »

Another disrespectful statement from him. Any other candidate, this would be a scandal, press conference with an apology, the whole 9 yards. With Trump? Great, he's "telling it like it is".

Real americans live in rural Kentucky.
Green Line
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #30 on: October 27, 2016, 07:58:32 PM »
« Edited: October 27, 2016, 08:04:55 PM by Green Line »

We do need to work on our ghettos.  Can somebody explain to me the issue here?  I dare any of you to venture out to Englewood and say otherwise.  We need to have a serious discussion about the ghettos of America, not just roll our eyes and say "racist".  It's an internation embaressment.  What is Hillay doing to address it?  She wont even acknowledge it.

Awwww, our oblivious white gay northside Republican has something to say Smiley How cute!

The poverty rate among blacks is far too high, but a near-majority of blacks are middle class. Add in the upper-middle class and affluent blacks and you're almost at 60% of the black population.

Additionally, poor blacks are not all in urban areas. Many are in rural areas, and a growing number live in poor suburbs. Trump and most white people still have a pre-1990s image of black people, and he's not actually proposing "solutions". It's even worse because he's using the high unemployment rate among blacks to bash Hispanics, similar to how he uses gays and women to bash Muslims while simulatenously proposing appointing SCOTUS justices to overturn gay rights and is running as the standard-bearer of a militantly anti-gay party that has dedicated portions of its platform to reversing gay rights achievements, not to mention also being an admitted sexual harrasser.

Finally, Hillary Clinton, in her infinite grace and charity, has laid out over 200 pages of policy proposals on her website. You can easily read her Breaking Every Barrier proposals that directs $125 billion in infrastructure spending, tax credits, business capital injections, youth & ex-convict employment, affordable housing, blight clearance, zoning reform, and first-time buyer assistance.

I thought because you had your poly sci degree (that you like to remind us about) you'd be able to do this incredibly basic research yourself, but then again what did we expect from a gay millenial Republican who thinks we were on our way to a colorblind society in the 1990s because we just didn't talk about it!

Lol wut.  So many personal attacks (Im not a freaking North-Sider) in this I dont even know where to begin.  Not sure what my race, sexuality, or location has anything to do this.  But if youre really going to make it like that how does living in bum**** Indiana qualify you in any way? Lol.  Literally nothing you just said has anything to do with what I said, and you can kindly go f*** off now.  (Are you drunk?)

I never once mentioned race.  I spoke about Ghettos, which we absolutely have in this country.  It has nothing to do with the black middle class, so Im not sure why youre even bringing that up.  Re-read what you wrote, take a shower, and delete your account.
ApatheticAustrian
ApathicAustrian
Junior Chimp
Austria

« Reply #31 on: October 27, 2016, 08:00:18 PM »

@GreenLine:

in 2016 you must need another kind of language, even if you only want to point out a problem.

there is ofc a fruitful field for a talented republican - but trump's way of framing it is misguided, to say the least.
RINO Tom
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 2.45, S: -0.52

« Reply #32 on: October 27, 2016, 08:18:49 PM »

Yes, but is voting for household name is sign of being "too smart to fall for a) these lies and b) that fake outreach"? Was Bill Clinton's policies so good for Blacks? Was Hillary's policies for Blacks any better than Bernie's? One can argue that they voted for more electable choise, but I doubt. Do you? Roll Eyes

Uh, look at Reagan's and Bush's segments; they voted heavily for their opponents.  I'm gonna say it's somethin' else.
ApatheticAustrian
ApathicAustrian
Junior Chimp
Austria

« Reply #33 on: October 27, 2016, 08:26:17 PM »

Uh, look at Reagan's and Bush's segments; they voted heavily for their opponents.  I'm gonna say it's somethin' else.

i put my money on #southernstrategy and #respect.

‼realJohnEwards‼
MatteKudasai
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.19, S: -4.87

« Reply #34 on: October 27, 2016, 08:29:15 PM »

Look at the colors. Reagan saw recovery from stagflation, but Clinton is where the graph really takes off.
ApatheticAustrian
ApathicAustrian
Junior Chimp
Austria

« Reply #35 on: October 27, 2016, 09:46:20 PM »

as usual best counter against trump is quoting trump....

Trump in 2011: Hillary Clinton 'did probably as much as anybody' for the black community
http://edition.cnn.com/2016/10/27/politics/trump-in-2011-on-clintons/index.html

You must be logged in to read this quote.
Lachi
lok1999
Australia

Political Matrix
E: -1.06, S: -3.02

« Reply #36 on: October 27, 2016, 09:48:35 PM »

My english is not good enough, I think. What's the problem in phrase "we're going to work on our, the ghettos" Huh

the people living "there" don't like very much to be described in such a way...besides the point that those mostly aren't in the "inner cities" anymore.

it's a simple gaffe, helping mostly with those who are neither black nor living in "ghettos".

Home city of Obama, Chicago bulldozed their "ghettos" i.e. housing projects and gentrified the whole area. Many left to Milwaukee, Minneapolis/Saint Paul, etc others were too sick or old and died with no homes.  Great work, Chicago.
Why are you trying to tie Obama to it, he isn't the one who makes that kind of decision.
Pages: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies