Mozilla CEO forced out because of Prop 8 Donation (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 12, 2024, 08:08:41 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Mozilla CEO forced out because of Prop 8 Donation (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Mozilla CEO forced out because of Prop 8 Donation  (Read 8141 times)
Mad Deadly Worldwide Communist Gangster Computer God
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix
E: -6.32, S: -7.48

P P P

« on: April 05, 2014, 06:07:50 PM »

I had mixed feelings about this one.  Yeah, the gay rights groups clearly blew this out of proportion.  They did.  After all, people with objectionable views are going to control some things, and it's not as if this man would have based his business decisions on his politics.  However, no one was fired and the CEO probably could have at least waned the protestors by apologizing for what he did - a simple, short yet sweet, letter of regret.  He took the high road, instead.

Anyway, maybe it's just me, but it seems so much attention has been going to the Mozilla controversy while the World Vision story has largely been ignored, which I think is of greater significance if only thanks to the double backlash that organization received.
Mad Deadly Worldwide Communist Gangster Computer God
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix
E: -6.32, S: -7.48

P P P

« Reply #1 on: April 05, 2014, 11:05:49 PM »

So in order to rebut the analogy between racism and homophobia you're going to frame your argument basically verbatim the way supporters of miscegenation laws did back in the day? Trolltastic!

Of course. Because this is clearly a conversation about the rights of heterosexual-homosexual partners to intermarry and the rights of their half-gay offspring.

People have told me that socially-conscious lefties are the second dumbest demographic, after poor religious-fundamentalists. I'm beginning to believe them.

All right, all right.  Joke's over.  Whose sock are you?
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies