Who’s your Favorite President from each Party? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 27, 2024, 12:42:23 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Presidential Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  U.S. Presidential Election Results (Moderator: Dereich)
  Who’s your Favorite President from each Party? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Who’s your Favorite President from each Party?  (Read 23105 times)
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« on: July 01, 2009, 12:01:33 PM »

Here’s a list of which President’s were in which Party:

Federalist[/u]
George Washington
John Adams

Democratic-Republican[/u]
Thomas Jefferson
James Madison
James Monroe
John Quincy Adams

Whigs
William Henry Harrison
John Tyler
Zachary Taylor
Milliard Fillmore

Democrat
Andrew Jackson
Martin Van Buren
James K. Polk
Franklin Pierce
James Buchanan
Grover Cleveland
Woodrow Wilson
Franklin Delano Roosevelt
Harry S Truman
John F. Kennedy
Lyndon B. Johnson
Jimmy Carter
Bill Clinton

Republican
 Abraham Lincoln
Andrew Johnson
Ulysses S. Grant
Rutherford B. Hayes
James A. Garfield
Chester A. Arthur
Benjamin Harrison
William McKinley
Theodore Roosevelt
William Howard Taft
William G. Harding
Calvin Coolidge
Herbert Hoover
Dwight D. Eisenhower
Richard Nixon
Gerald R. Ford
Ronald Reagan
George H. W. Bush
George W. Bush

Federalist:
Washington

Whigs:
None

Democrats:
As pointed out previously, listing the Democratic-Republicans as a separate party is erroneous.

FDR
Jefferson
Truman
Madison
(Jackson fails to make it over his genocidal policies towards Native Americans--he went above and beyond in that category even for the times)

Republicans:
Lincoln
T. Roosevelt
Eisenhower
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #1 on: July 02, 2009, 08:43:39 AM »

You must be logged in to read this quote.

No, it isn't.

The Jacksonian Democratic party has not so much to do with the old Democratic-republican party. J.Q.Adams also came from the dem-repu, but founded the National Republican Party, that later will become the Whig party. So the dem-rep can be considered as the common ancestry of american parties, but certainly not as the previous form of the Democratic party.

More than a grain of truth to this, but the National Republicans absorbed the remnants of the old Federalist Party (like Daniel Webster), and than in turn were absorbed into the Whig Party which were the primary pre-war opposition party to the Jacksonian Democratic Republican (and later Democratic) party. So, the National Republicans could more accurately be described as a splinter breakaway faction of the old D-R party which morphed into the Democrats opposition, whereas the original D-R itself led by Jackson soon changed its name to the Democratic Party, but ultimately maintained the fundamental lineage of Jefferson's party.
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #2 on: July 03, 2009, 06:19:25 PM »

He had one of the best foreign policies of the 20th century Presidents.

Can't stop laughing.
Can't stop crying.
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #3 on: July 08, 2009, 12:26:28 PM »

What did he do poorly? I didn't say he was the best President, I said I liked him. The Persian Gulf war was a success because he got the whole world on his side. He was smart enough to know that killing Sadaam would do more harm than good. Basically, he didn't make the mistakes his son did.

I'm not going to let the opinions of a small rodent and a french person bother me. Wink

Partially my bad: I missed the "H" in your list and thought you were extolling the foreign policy <shudder> of W.

BTW: Badgers are part of the mustiled family, not rodents. We're actually closer related to skunks, so there.

(Heh, sure showed him, huh?) ;-)
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #4 on: July 09, 2009, 08:22:18 PM »

Federalist
George Washington

Democratic-Republican
Thomas Jefferson

Whigs
William Henry Harrison

Democrat
Grover Cleveland or
Andrew Jackson

Republican
Warren G. Harding or
Calvin Coolidge

Might I say that last one is an excellent choice. Coolidge receives far too little credit primarily cause nothing major occurred under his Presidency. I also think the country would have been better off in the early Depression with him as President instead of Hoover.

"That man[Hoover] has offered me unsolicited advice for six years, all of it bad."
--Calvin Coolidge

But of course. It was, after all, Hoover's relentless push for interventionist policies that set the stage for FDR's radical agenda and turned the 1929 crash into the Great Depression.

There is a parallel to be drawn with George W. Bush who, with his bailouts, laid the foundation for Obama's completely unrestrained government attack on the economy that will probably produce the Great Depression 2.0.

By contrast, during the 1920-1921 depression, the Harding-Coolidge administration allowed the market to fix itself, turning the whole episode into a mere historical footnote.

I can't roll my eyes hard enough in respnse......
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #5 on: July 10, 2009, 11:37:17 AM »

Federalist
George Washington

Democratic-Republican
Thomas Jefferson

Whigs
William Henry Harrison

Democrat
Grover Cleveland or
Andrew Jackson

Republican
Warren G. Harding or
Calvin Coolidge

Might I say that last one is an excellent choice. Coolidge receives far too little credit primarily cause nothing major occurred under his Presidency. I also think the country would have been better off in the early Depression with him as President instead of Hoover.

"That man[Hoover] has offered me unsolicited advice for six years, all of it bad."
--Calvin Coolidge

But of course. It was, after all, Hoover's relentless push for interventionist policies that set the stage for FDR's radical agenda and turned the 1929 crash into the Great Depression.

There is a parallel to be drawn with George W. Bush who, with his bailouts, laid the foundation for Obama's completely unrestrained government attack on the economy that will probably produce the Great Depression 2.0.

By contrast, during the 1920-1921 depression, the Harding-Coolidge administration allowed the market to fix itself, turning the whole episode into a mere historical footnote.

I can't roll my eyes hard enough in respnse......

Based on what I've read from you, saying nothing probably is your most intelligent response.

I take it all back. I love this guy. Comedy goldmine.

Now go back to your compound and wait for the government black helicopters to pick you up....
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies