LC 1.11 LGBT protection Act (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 19, 2024, 06:09:19 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Government
  Regional Governments (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  LC 1.11 LGBT protection Act (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: LC 1.11 LGBT protection Act  (Read 865 times)
DKrol
dkrolga
YaBB God

« on: March 14, 2019, 04:34:15 PM »

This is a commonsense bill that brings Lincoln's social policy into the 21st century.
DKrol
dkrolga
YaBB God

« Reply #1 on: March 14, 2019, 04:43:44 PM »

I would like to clarify the meaning of open to the public in the first section?

I intended it to mean things like those mentioned in Section 1, Part A and not to include more intimate associations. Clubs or groups that any other member of the public could walk in to and sign up for without any problem.
DKrol
dkrolga
YaBB God

« Reply #2 on: March 14, 2019, 04:51:07 PM »

Can you explain your reasoning for wanting to make golf clubs, card clubs, sports leagues, trade associations, and other such groups able to ban someone for their sexuality?
DKrol
dkrolga
YaBB God

« Reply #3 on: March 14, 2019, 04:55:38 PM »

Can you explain your reasoning for wanting to make golf clubs, card clubs, sports leagues, trade associations, and other such groups able to ban someone for their sexuality?

I edited my response below but as I said I believe that private organizations even if they are open to the public should have the ability to choose who they want. I am willing to change my mind and include an exception for trade unions due to the vast economic importance they have.

Under the bill as introduced, Mr. Speaker, such a club would still be able to disallow someone from joining - they simply could not do so based solely on an individual's sexuality. I would probably not be allowed to join a slow-pitch softball league because I haven't swung a bat since tee-ball in Elementary School. A gay person could be rejected from such a league for the same reason, just not for their sexuality.
DKrol
dkrolga
YaBB God

« Reply #4 on: March 14, 2019, 05:00:05 PM »

I edited my response below but as I said I believe that private organizations even if they are open to the public should have the ability to choose who they want. I am willing to change my mind and include an exception for trade unions due to the vast economic importance they have.

Under the bill as introduced, Mr. Speaker, such a club would still be able to disallow someone from joining - they simply could not do so based solely on an individual's sexuality. I would probably not be allowed to join a slow-pitch softball league because I haven't swung a bat since tee-ball in Elementary School. A gay person could be rejected from such a league for the same reason, just not for their sexuality.

and as deplorable as it may to ban someone for their sexuality I believe that these organizations should have the legal right to do this. I would support a resolution of disapproval of any organization that does this.

Mr. Speaker, let me clarify your position here: you believe that clubs should be able to ban someone from joining for no reason other than their sexuality?
DKrol
dkrolga
YaBB God

« Reply #5 on: March 14, 2019, 05:22:28 PM »

and as deplorable as it may to ban someone for their sexuality I believe that these organizations should have the legal right to do this. I would support a resolution of disapproval of any organization that does this.

Mr. Speaker, let me clarify your position here: you believe that clubs should be able to ban someone from joining for no reason other than their sexuality?

Yes Mr.Chancellor I believe said club should not have the right for any tax break but clubs are still private organizations and should have the right to choose who to exclude even if their reasoning is archaic.

Mr. Speaker, that is a deplorable position to hold.
DKrol
dkrolga
YaBB God

« Reply #6 on: March 17, 2019, 05:47:31 PM »

I vote nay on the amendment.

To the comment from the Attorney General, I say that it is important to codify that statute on a regional basis as well as on the federal level, in order to provide our citizens with the greatest amount of protections.
DKrol
dkrolga
YaBB God

« Reply #7 on: March 17, 2019, 09:57:37 PM »

Aye
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies