Politico: Biden admin isn’t fully convinced Ukraine can win, even with new aid (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 20, 2024, 03:55:32 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Politico: Biden admin isn’t fully convinced Ukraine can win, even with new aid (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Politico: Biden admin isn’t fully convinced Ukraine can win, even with new aid  (Read 1991 times)
It’s so Joever
Forumlurker161
Atlas Icon

« on: April 28, 2024, 10:57:29 AM »

I'm no.... miltiary expert, but can someone with knowledge in that area, tell us if Russia or Ukraine are winning ?
...Ukraine will almost inevitably join both NATO and the EU when all is said and done...
Stopped reading right here. Reading this sentence reminds me of that one scene in Downfall, when Hitler is consulting with his remaining generals, and he points and commands armies that only exist in his maps.

The excuses people come up with to delude themselves to keep driving up this war is very sad. I would have said funny, but since people are dying because of the consequences of this thought process it's honestly depressing.
It probably won’t be de jure joining NATO but you can bet the US will provide informal security guarantees and arm Kyiv (Yes it’s Kyiv not Kiev, troll) to the teeth when all is said and done. Did you expect the rest of Ukraine to just bend over and prepare for Putin’s next f**king?
It’s so Joever
Forumlurker161
Atlas Icon

« Reply #1 on: April 28, 2024, 05:42:12 PM »

I'm no.... miltiary expert, but can someone with knowledge in that area, tell us if Russia or Ukraine are winning ?
...Ukraine will almost inevitably join both NATO and the EU when all is said and done...
Stopped reading right here. Reading this sentence reminds me of that one scene in Downfall, when Hitler is consulting with his remaining generals, and he points and commands armies that only exist in his maps.

The excuses people come up with to delude themselves to keep driving up this war is very sad. I would have said funny, but since people are dying because of the consequences of this thought process it's honestly depressing.
It probably won’t be de jure joining NATO but you can bet the US will provide informal security guarantees and arm Kyiv (Yes it’s Kyiv not Kiev, troll) to the teeth when all is said and done. Did you expect the rest of Ukraine to just bend over and prepare for Putin’s next f**king?

Why?
Are you asking this out of genuine curiosity or out of SirWoodbury level Putin concern trolling? Not sure because if it’s the former, see the response above and if it’s the latter, pound sand m***erf***er
It’s so Joever
Forumlurker161
Atlas Icon

« Reply #2 on: April 28, 2024, 05:43:04 PM »

Why?

Because one is the Ukrainian pronounciation/spelling, and the other is the imperial Russian version.

It's Istanbul, not Constantinople...

Because it's the most used term for the city in the area, or because it's what the government says?
Kyiv is what the city is called in Ukrainian, which is the most used language in the Kyiv area actually (almost certainly more so postwar, but even pre war)
It’s so Joever
Forumlurker161
Atlas Icon

« Reply #3 on: April 28, 2024, 11:15:29 PM »

It probably won’t be de jure joining NATO but you can bet the US will provide informal security guarantees

That’s a bad idea. The Russians would call bullsh-t on that and attack Ukraine again. They can’t have any wiggle room for another “military special operation.”
Then it’s World War Three. We aren’t blinking this time.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies