SENATE BILL: Public Ownership Act of 2014 (Failed) (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 19, 2024, 05:19:27 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Government (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  SENATE BILL: Public Ownership Act of 2014 (Failed) (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: SENATE BILL: Public Ownership Act of 2014 (Failed)  (Read 3648 times)
President Tyrion
TyrionTheImperialist

« on: May 29, 2014, 12:22:53 AM »

Aye
President Tyrion
TyrionTheImperialist

« Reply #1 on: June 03, 2014, 03:30:01 AM »

It's difficult to just manufacture increased competition, though. I think we can all agree that it's very difficult for there not to be an oligopoly or a monopoly in many of these industries because of the high infrastructure costs associated with an entrance to the industry.

Unlike TNF, I don't oppose a market-based solution on principle, but I do oppose it based on the manifested outcome of such a system.

If there were a way to have a massively competitive market in these industries, I would support it. But there's not, so I can't support a market solution.
President Tyrion
TyrionTheImperialist

« Reply #2 on: June 07, 2014, 06:08:49 AM »

I was hoping for a competative model, but at least now there is some basis to proceed with a structure that can work.

Tyrion, what are your thoughts if not necessairly on the competative aspect, but on the Public Corporation plus Co-Op idea as a structure?

The idea that co-ops could be a part of the process is something I would certainly support. I wouldn't mind a competitive model to that end, so long as the infrastructure needs are publicly funded, which I'm seeing is your desire as well.

How would we write it up in an amendment?
President Tyrion
TyrionTheImperialist

« Reply #3 on: June 14, 2014, 10:49:21 PM »

Aye
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies