Sexual abuse has become a huge problem for America's bible colleges (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 22, 2024, 05:02:36 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Sexual abuse has become a huge problem for America's bible colleges (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Sexual abuse has become a huge problem for America's bible colleges  (Read 5164 times)
MaxQue
Atlas Icon
Canada

« on: March 12, 2014, 01:22:58 PM »

The answer is simple. We don't accept school discriminating according to race, we shouldn't accept those discriminating according to gender.

Either they accept mixity, either they are closed (with the owners sued, of course).
MaxQue
Atlas Icon
Canada

« Reply #1 on: March 12, 2014, 02:41:18 PM »

And, yes, University of Phoenix is better than Champion Baptist College.

The University of Phoenix has a 70K-plus size football stadium; I don't know if Champion Bible College even has an NAIA team.  Obviously UoP is the top tier of respected academic institutions by this most important of metrics.

University of Phoenix is the name sponsor of a 70-K plus football stadium, it doesn't have one.
MaxQue
Atlas Icon
Canada

« Reply #2 on: March 12, 2014, 07:56:17 PM »

In this thread: Christian bashing under the guise of a serious crime.

People cannot justify using the word "Christian" as a rationale for horrible behavior. Such either discredits Christianity or is not Christianity. 
But they aren't.

Yeah I'm not seeing any reliable evidence that "sexual abuse" takes place any more at these colleges than at any other college or university.  Does anyone have any good statistics from a reliable source (ie not vice.com)?
Exactly. We shouldn't pretend that this only occurs at Christian colleges.

The problem that is being pointed out is not that sexual abuse is more likely to happen at these places, but the culture there encourages a blame the victim mentality that is absolutely wrong and absolutely un-Christian.
That is also a problem in the military. Is the military being bashed for religious reasons?

No, but the Army doesn't brag about its religion, nor is defined by religion.
MaxQue
Atlas Icon
Canada

« Reply #3 on: March 13, 2014, 12:14:52 AM »

Yeah I'm not seeing any reliable evidence that "sexual abuse" takes place any more at these colleges than at any other college or university.  Does anyone have any good statistics from a reliable source (ie not vice.com)?

Why is sexual abuse in quotes? 

Because sexual abuse doesn't exist, it's just men being men.
MaxQue
Atlas Icon
Canada

« Reply #4 on: March 14, 2014, 09:30:07 PM »

Should we really judge the position of the vast majority of Christians towards sexual abuse--including most fundamentalists by far--based on some whackadoodle institution that prohibits co-ed elevators??

No. We neither said than fundamentalists were a vast majority of Christians. I'm a Christian, but I have nothing in common with them.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies