Where now for the GOP? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 11, 2024, 10:58:11 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2008 Elections
  Where now for the GOP? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Where now for the GOP?  (Read 8057 times)
Sam Spade
SamSpade
Atlas Star

« on: November 05, 2008, 05:27:22 PM »

A coherent *fresh* message, along with attacking Obama intelligently is the key to success.
Sam Spade
SamSpade
Atlas Star

« Reply #1 on: November 05, 2008, 06:32:55 PM »

Wait until theres a negative reaction to an Obama policy/policies. Similar to how Democrats eventually took the mantle in 2006 or GOP in 1994 and 1980.

no, I think Obama should be given, and will be given, wide latitude in his economic and foreign policies in the 1st 2 years.  As long as he doesn't have any skeletons in his closet, his approval ratings may be >65% over his first two years, barring some foreign policy disaster.

America needed a change, so America will give Obama time to see if he fits the change that is needed.

Misreading the election, alas...
Sam Spade
SamSpade
Atlas Star

« Reply #2 on: November 05, 2008, 06:43:27 PM »

Wait until theres a negative reaction to an Obama policy/policies. Similar to how Democrats eventually took the mantle in 2006 or GOP in 1994 and 1980.

no, I think Obama should be given, and will be given, wide latitude in his economic and foreign policies in the 1st 2 years.  As long as he doesn't have any skeletons in his closet, his approval ratings may be >65% over his first two years, barring some foreign policy disaster.

America needed a change, so America will give Obama time to see if he fits the change that is needed.

Misreading the election, alas...

how so? very few like the state of our economy or the state of the war on terror, Obama can't do much worse.  And I for one will be extemely glad to have a president that can complete a sentence.  And it will be refreshing to see a black man in the oval office.

I don't necessarily disagree with your comment.  But those who voted for him (or a lot who don't) have very high expectations of him, most of them being quite unrealistic.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies