The American Way: A 2016 Election Game. (Sign Up/Rules/Discussion) (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 18, 2024, 07:51:38 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Election and History Games (Moderator: Dereich)
  The American Way: A 2016 Election Game. (Sign Up/Rules/Discussion) (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: The American Way: A 2016 Election Game. (Sign Up/Rules/Discussion)  (Read 6425 times)
terp40hitch
United States

« on: June 08, 2019, 05:31:57 PM »

Jim Renacci?
terp40hitch
United States

« Reply #1 on: June 09, 2019, 12:27:13 PM »

Congressman Renacci Annouces Bid For White House
Wadsworth, OH

Congressman Jim Renacci (OH-16)-I'm not a career politician who has made millions off the backs of the taxpayer. When I was growing up, I never imagined living in the White House and I never had such large ambitions as so many of my fellow colleagues in the Congress do. I grew up in a small town in Pennsylvania with a blue-collar family who earned every dollar unlike the politicians in Washington. When I moved to Ohio in my early twenties, I didn't have more than one hundred dollars but I worked hard, never quit even when times were tough and I was able to create thousands of jobs for the state of Ohio. That's why I love America because this is the only country where that story would be more than fantasy because if you work hard in America and never give up then you will be successful. I never needed a welfare check, I just needed a little determination. That's what America needs right now, a little determination so our country can continue to be the most successful and strongest country on this planet. Every person in this country should be with little determination to be successful in this country.

This is why I am here today. I am going to run for president of the United States so every working class America with a little determination and a dream can achieve the American dream just as I did. I know how to achieve the American Dream because I achieved my own American Dream. The politicians in Washington can't say the same, they have worked off the taxpayer's dime and got rich on the backs of those they have turned their backs on. Real Americans work hard for their money, I worked hard for everything I have ever gotten. I am proud to be an American and I will give a little message to my opponents, Nikki Haley, Rand Paul, George Pataki, I'm a hard worker and I will work my butt off to win this nomination so I can work for the American people in Washington.
terp40hitch
United States

« Reply #2 on: June 10, 2019, 10:53:06 AM »

I can't wait to start this game. Looks like it'll be fun to compete with one another.
Agreed, a lot of good Republican candidates so it will be interesting and I think a lot of inter-party battles will take place especially since my candidate will be taking the anti-career politician approach.
terp40hitch
United States

« Reply #3 on: June 10, 2019, 12:35:48 PM »

My prediction with no information except the political climate of 2015, name recognition and some announcement speeches.

Delegate Count:
Paul Ryan: 542 (Red)
Marco Rubio: 511 (Orange)
Jeb Bush: 371 (Blue)
Nikki Haley: 312 (Green)
John Kasich: 233 (Lite Blue)
Tim Scott: 140 (Dark Orange)
Rand Paul: 130 (Lite Green)
Jim Renacci: 113 (Dark Red)
Rick Santorum: 74 (Dark Green)
George Pataki: 37

If everyone stays in till the convection then it will likely be brokered with the top candidates being Paul Ryan and Marco Rubio with Black Horses being Nikki Haley, Jeb Bush and John Kasich. Most likely a frontrunner will have to choose a black horse to win the nomination so my prediction of a ticket would be something like Rubio/Haley or Rubio/Scott or Rubio/Renacci or Ryan/Kasich or Ryan/Scott.
terp40hitch
United States

« Reply #4 on: June 11, 2019, 06:20:19 PM »

When will there be a gameplay thread?
I believe midnight tonight
terp40hitch
United States

« Reply #5 on: June 13, 2019, 09:48:06 PM »

I'm going to be out of town from Sunday to Saturday with no internet so I won't be able to play the next turn
terp40hitch
United States

« Reply #6 on: June 25, 2019, 12:22:33 PM »

This game has pretty much been cut short from the new image  policy right?

I'd say it's put the kibosh on any future games.

I would say so. Hopefully the mods and Dave review this rule and repeal it.
I am hopeful. Pictures are a key part of these games and it has hurt the games currently going on
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies