How could Bush win the 2000 presidential election? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 30, 2024, 09:21:53 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Presidential Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  U.S. Presidential Election Results
  2000 U.S. Presidential Election Results (Moderator: Dereich)
  How could Bush win the 2000 presidential election? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: How could Bush win the 2000 presidential election?  (Read 8018 times)
Dancing with Myself
tb75
YaBB God
United States

« on: December 10, 2013, 01:37:18 AM »

From what I remember, everyone around here thought Clinton was a fine enough President but the whole Monica thing made him despised down here. My area had a ton of Republicans in those days and they were fired up for Bush because he was different than Gore.  My dad hated Clinton but my mom and sister liked him, my mother is still a major fan.

Bush was more real and had a likeable persona, Gore seemed bored and distant, like he thought he was above campaigning.  He didn't connect with the average worker, Bush wanted to do a tax cut and modify the code, all Gore wanted to do was focus on higher up issues. Gore ran a mediocre campaign from the primary until the end, he struggled at one point in the primary. Like Nader said "If Gore ran a better campaign and focused on the issues, he wouldn't have struggled."

My whole family was for Bush though, but I voted for Gore in the school election, I was only 6 so I had no clue.  They found Gore to be a "wimp"
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies