MO-Remington: GOP sweep (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 14, 2024, 01:18:09 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2018 Senatorial Election Polls
  MO-Remington: GOP sweep (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: MO-Remington: GOP sweep  (Read 8601 times)
Co-Chair Bagel23
Bagel23
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.48, S: -1.83

« on: July 09, 2017, 12:53:53 PM »

Ik this may be early and GOP leaning, but this aint good for dems any way you look at it. I'm a bit nervous.
Co-Chair Bagel23
Bagel23
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: July 09, 2017, 04:22:41 PM »

Why don't we try Jay Nixon again? McCaskill is in critical condition, and could transition to DOA without much difficulty, we don't have much to lose that is not already tilting towards the lost side. It's time for drastic actions.
Co-Chair Bagel23
Bagel23
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: July 09, 2017, 04:25:47 PM »

Wow. Worth noting their final presidential poll actually underestimated Trump (R+14 vs. R+19).

Omg.. Now i am going to panic and have a heart attack!!

Don't get too worked up just yet, she polled worse than this even against Akin at some points in the 2012 race.

That was mostly before the legitimate rape thing. Hence McCaskill needs a miracle to win this race. Hopefully she is our new Barbara Boxer.
Co-Chair Bagel23
Bagel23
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #3 on: July 09, 2017, 04:33:56 PM »

Wow. Worth noting their final presidential poll actually underestimated Trump (R+14 vs. R+19).

Omg.. Now i am going to panic and have a heart attack!!

Don't get too worked up just yet, she polled worse than this even against Akin at some points in the 2012 race.

That was mostly before the legitimate rape thing. Hence McCaskill needs a miracle to win this race. Hopefully she is our new Barbara Boxer.

She hardly needs a miracle. People here are greatly overestimating how often incumbent Senators lose reelection during a midterm as an opposition party. She needs a good campaign and a good environment, which I can very easily see happening. Obviously, that doesn't mean she's going to win, but it's not like she's DOA.

She's not, BUT, she is on thin ice, and if it breaks and she falls into the water below, than DOA.
Co-Chair Bagel23
Bagel23
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #4 on: July 09, 2017, 04:38:41 PM »

Ron John was in this kind of trouble too.

Yes, but he had the benefit in that the Democratic candidate for President was too lazy and stupid to campaign in the correct states.

McCaskill has no such outs!

Johnson was running in an "EVEN" state, McCaskill's state is R+9. Johnson vs. Feingold was a rematch, this race won't be one, etc. etc. Yes, MO isn't as R-friendly downballot, but McCaskill is no Kander and I highly doubt the GOP nominee will be as incompetent as Blunt or Akin. Most people here are really underestimating how vulnerable she is.

If the election were held today, I'd definitely expect MO, IN and NV to flip.

What about ND?
Co-Chair Bagel23
Bagel23
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #5 on: July 09, 2017, 04:44:07 PM »

Why don't we try Jay Nixon again? McCaskill is in critical condition, and could transition to DOA without much difficulty, we don't have much to lose that is not already tilting towards the lost side. It's time for drastic actions.

Just accept that Missouri is gone for Dems.

It is starting to look that way, but no DOA yet. Dems have no choice but to fight back, this is a seat worth defending. To just sit back and look dumbfounded in this race is unacceptable, it has to be defended, even if it is an R pickup in the end, this is a seat worth defending.
Co-Chair Bagel23
Bagel23
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #6 on: July 20, 2017, 03:15:27 PM »

I got a pledged vote for McCaskill over the weekend, you are welcome McCaskill fans.
Co-Chair Bagel23
Bagel23
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #7 on: September 21, 2018, 03:46:16 PM »

GRRRRRRH you made me think this was just from now.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies