GOP ads accuse Dems of not protecting kids
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 20, 2024, 08:47:44 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Congressional Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  GOP ads accuse Dems of not protecting kids
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: GOP ads accuse Dems of not protecting kids  (Read 808 times)
Beet
Atlas Star

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: October 20, 2006, 11:02:01 PM »

Wow this is low. Just because you represent a group in court does not mean you approve of everything they are associated with, and just because you worked for the ACLU once does not mean you approve of everything the ACLU has ever done. Negative ads are coming from both sides, but the tone this year is really negative. I wonder if it'll hurt turnout.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
By JIM KUHNHENN, Associated Press Writer Fri Oct 20, 6:32 PM ET

WASHINGTON - The text is white against a black screen. The sound is the electronic warbling of a video game. But in this political ad, the message is in the faceless voices of cheerful children engaged in mayhem.

"Hit the hooker with the tire iron!" "Steal the old lady's car." "Shoot her first!"

The ad accuses a Democratic candidate of voting against banning the sale of violent and sexually explicit video games to children. Another ad, in Connecticut, says a Democrat voted to permit convicted sex offenders in public housing. Yet another, in Arizona, linked a candidate's work as a lawyer for the
American Civil Liberties Union to the ACLU's defense of a pedophile's group.

In the fallout from former Rep. Mark Foley (news, bio, voting record)'s electronic sex scandal, Republicans are turning the tables on Democrats, airing ads and leveling public accusations claiming their opponents have failed to protect children against sexual imagery, sexual violence or sexual predators.
The Dowager Mod
texasgurl
Moderators
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -9.48, S: -8.57

P P P

« Reply #1 on: October 20, 2006, 11:05:38 PM »

Willie Horton, an old republican tactic when they see defeat looming.
I spent the winter writing songs about getting better
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
« Reply #2 on: October 20, 2006, 11:08:12 PM »

The ad accuses a Democratic candidate of voting against banning the sale of violent and sexually explicit video games to children.

Freedom Fighter, whoever he is.
Gabu
Atlas Star
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -4.32, S: -6.52

« Reply #3 on: October 20, 2006, 11:11:50 PM »

I knew there was a reason why I always had an underlying feeling of pessimism for the Democrats' chances.  I'd really like to believe that the voters don't buy this sort of thing, but we'll see.  It's always been shown that voters react much more strongly to negativity than to positive messages.
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix
E: -7.38, S: -8.36

« Reply #4 on: October 20, 2006, 11:33:00 PM »

Republican heads will explode if they ever find out about David Goldberger. He was the Jewish ACLU attorney who defended the right of Nazis to march in Holocaust survivor neighborhoods.
mgrossbe
Rookie

Political Matrix
E: -4.65, S: -6.43

« Reply #5 on: October 20, 2006, 11:49:42 PM »

that is the right thing to do. I think you are refering to the case in skokie il. I am jewish but even though i could never understand why the hate us so, it is their right to. As long as they are non-violent the right to speech should be protected. It takes courage to stand up for the unpopular voice espcially when you disagree with it. That is why i always respected John Adams for his defense of red coats. Or the women just aquitted on wensday for defending terriorist. the day we attack people for defending the rights of the hated and unpopular is the day we throw away the consitution and go back to a repressive monarchy.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies