HuffPost on Dem targets in 2016: IL, WI, LA, NH, FL, GA, NC, PA, AZ, OH, IA, KY (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 17, 2024, 08:22:57 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Congressional Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  HuffPost on Dem targets in 2016: IL, WI, LA, NH, FL, GA, NC, PA, AZ, OH, IA, KY (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: HuffPost on Dem targets in 2016: IL, WI, LA, NH, FL, GA, NC, PA, AZ, OH, IA, KY  (Read 1113 times)
Person Man
Angry_Weasel
Atlas Superstar
United States

« on: November 06, 2014, 06:19:47 PM »

Before the more hackish forum D's start jerking off to this article, just remember how many promising targets the GOP had in 2012 and then ended up netting a loss on election night. It is way too early to start getting hopes up.

We could Aiken Murdock the sh**t out of 2016!
Person Man
Angry_Weasel
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #1 on: November 06, 2014, 06:41:49 PM »

As I've said before here, this map is in theory good for Democrats, but there are a lot of variables at play here.

I think Democrats should win Illinois and Wisconsin without too much trouble, unless they majorly blow either race. I do not think Madigan is going to run, but IL Democrats do not need a top recruit to beat Kirk in a Presidential Year. Similar case in Wisconsin.

After that, things get murky.

Ayotte and Toomey both have tough races on their hands, but neither is dead on arrival. Their survival depends on a) the candidates Democrats recruit b) the environment (and performance at the top of the ticket) c) retirements and d) the individual campaigns.

Too early to speculate.
In other words, "just wait for next election". But which one?
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies