Regional Protection Party (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 20, 2024, 10:40:50 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Regional Protection Party (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Regional Protection Party  (Read 164604 times)
Smid
Junior Chimp
Australia

« on: August 19, 2008, 11:44:53 PM »

I should like to join your new party, if the party would be willing to accept me.
Smid
Junior Chimp
Australia

« Reply #1 on: August 31, 2008, 07:44:11 PM »

In this victory, I extend my deepest thanks to Senators Meeker, Torie, CK, & Andrew for voting nay on this amendment. Sadly, Andrew lost his bid for re-election, but I wish him a bright future as head of the Northeastern Judiciary.

Is this an endorsement of Andrew? Does the party support him in future elections?
Smid
Junior Chimp
Australia

« Reply #2 on: September 20, 2008, 04:15:47 AM »

The map through RowanBrandon (we now have two Brandons Smiley)

In total, we have 6 members in the Southeast, 4 in the Mideast, 3 in the Northeast, 2 in the Midwest, & 1 in the Pacific. Our position has recently improved considerably in the Northeast. Smiley

I'd love to take credit for our improvement in the Northeast (since I was the first in there), but I think all due credit is to you, PiT.
Smid
Junior Chimp
Australia

« Reply #3 on: September 24, 2008, 10:17:21 PM »

The current push to remove the power of the regions is the greatest threat facing Atlasian freedoms today. I am very pleased to endorse RowanBrandon in his bid for the Governorship of the Northeast Region. RowanBrandon will stand up for the rights and freedoms of Northeasterners and ensure our liberties are protected. I encourage all Northeasterners to support the Northeast Region by voting for RowanBrandon.

RowanBrandon for Governor.
Smid
Junior Chimp
Australia

« Reply #4 on: September 26, 2008, 05:05:29 AM »

Conor: What's your stance on Class A Senators and the Trondheim Amendment?
Smid
Junior Chimp
Australia

« Reply #5 on: September 29, 2008, 06:08:49 AM »

No worries about the delay.
Smid
Junior Chimp
Australia

« Reply #6 on: September 30, 2008, 09:41:28 PM »

He's running for election for the position he already holds and I will be supporting him. Conor, you have my whole hearted support!
Smid
Junior Chimp
Australia

« Reply #7 on: November 27, 2008, 07:06:51 PM »
« Edited: November 27, 2008, 07:23:37 PM by Smid »

Through Frihetsivrare:

In total, we have 8 members in the Southeast, 4 in the Mideast, 3 in the Northeast, 2 in the Midwest, & 2 in the Pacific.  In other news, this is the first time there's been a non-JCPer in WA in what feels like forever.

There's an RPPer in my fair state of Vermont? Sad

Smid. He's been there for a long time.
Huh, didn't know he was registered in Vermont. Smid's not that bad of an RPPer though, unlike some of the crazies in the Southeast (DWDL, etc.).

I don't know why, but I've always liked Vermont for some reason. Never been there, but it sounds like such a beautiful, tranquil place. Actually, I think I'd really like most of New England.
Smid
Junior Chimp
Australia

« Reply #8 on: December 03, 2008, 08:29:16 AM »

Why exactly do we need a new Northeastern chair?
Smid resigned the position when he became CJO, conflict of interest in his opinion and I agree with him

I don't see how.  I'm Governor, but I'm also Regional Chair.

I would note that the difference there is that the Governor is a political position, and is a party leader in a particular region. The CJO role is unpolitical and unpoliticised and I felt it best that I step aside to avoid any accusation of impropriety.

I dont think that Smid would have had to resign his regional chair. Any cases that could have possibly involved him in this region (which never happen), I believe he would remain fair. If for some reason he didnt, the Governor could just dismiss him.

It wasn't so much that I had to but rather I felt it the right thing to do. I think I could remain fair, but I think it's important to not just be fair, but to also be seen to be fair. I wouldn't think poorly of a person who didn't step aside if they were in a similar situation to me, that's just the standard to which I choose to hold myself.
Smid
Junior Chimp
Australia

« Reply #9 on: December 04, 2008, 07:36:41 PM »

I doubt we need one for just a Senate race. There isn't a Presidential race or anything going on, is there?

We can just have an election dinner or something like that where we all speak about the region. It's been a slow few months, so I doubt we have anything to talk about for a full fledged convention.
Good idea.  I say we hold something similar to CPAC, just a formal get together of the RPP to discuss important issues.

If y'all happy to travel up to Vermont, I've got a lovely place up here and am more than happy to hire a chef to cater for a small dinner of party representatives.
Smid
Junior Chimp
Australia

« Reply #10 on: December 11, 2008, 10:59:12 PM »

Shame he did a Harold Holt prior to swearing himself in however.

What? He was picked up by a Chinese submarine?
Smid
Junior Chimp
Australia

« Reply #11 on: December 11, 2008, 11:45:54 PM »

Shame he did a Harold Holt prior to swearing himself in however.

What? He was picked up by a Chinese submarine?

My Grandad used to tell me it was the Japanese Angry

I'm surprised that the temporary disappearance of King of the Bench until December 2008 didn't get Atlasian conspiracy theorists going. I mean there are so many possibilities, more than what those 9/11 conspiracy theorists have accumulated over the last several years, as to where the "King" went. I wouldn't be surprised if a Southern Belle took him and held him hostage for months on end, even the possibility those kids from the documentary Spellbound annoyed at his lacking ability to spell had something to do with his disappearance.

Japanese, Chinese, could have been either back then... Then again, I've read emails from a navy diver who claims he was involved in the disappearance and that Holt was murdered because he opposed American bases in Australia. I've done some googling and found his website:

http://www.harold-holt.net/

I warn you to not mess with his website, though, because it is invoked under the second law of the universe and shows CT-scan of the illicit implants in his throat, proving that the Navy used "its small but elite branch of 100 Divers for 'medical and mind drug experiments'" - apparently one of his duties was to engage "in several clandestine operations, one of which was the removal of the body of then Australian Prime Minister Harold Holt from his home out to an awaiting fishing boat the night before it was reported he disappeared while swiming." It's all online to be enjoyed.

Belle or bell? Judging from his comment the other day, he prefers the residents of church towers.
Smid
Junior Chimp
Australia

« Reply #12 on: December 12, 2008, 12:06:22 AM »

Those are pretty epic websites! I heart conspiracy theories - they make for such enjoyable reading! That's why I've always enjoyed Ludlum, the difference being, however, that Ludlum realises his writings are works of fiction.
Smid
Junior Chimp
Australia

« Reply #13 on: January 07, 2009, 10:21:46 AM »

Why exactly do we need a new Northeastern chair?
Smid resigned the position when he became CJO, conflict of interest in his opinion and I agree with him

Ah. Since RB has disappeared & Generic is no longer a member of the RPP, I guess Driedapples is the only option left here.

Did Driedapples accept the position? If not, as my role is no longer apolitical, I'm happy to renominate for the position of Party Chair of the Northeast.
Smid
Junior Chimp
Australia

« Reply #14 on: January 07, 2009, 11:17:32 AM »

No acceptance that I know of, Smid I waive my magic wand and make you Northeast chair again Smiley

Thank you, kind sir.
Smid
Junior Chimp
Australia

« Reply #15 on: January 11, 2009, 09:14:49 PM »

Greetings! I just registered to be in this party! So I'm here to introduce myself, and say a mighty HELLO!
Smiley

Welcome to our party! It's great to have you on board!
Smid
Junior Chimp
Australia

« Reply #16 on: January 12, 2009, 03:42:16 AM »

I was curious, so I decided to find the average RPPer PM score by region. Smiley

Southeast: +5.19, -0.78
Mideast: +1.00, +2.13
Northeast: +5.81, +5.57
Pacific: +4.01, -3.29
Midwest: +5.82, -4.39

Notes:
-The Northeastern figure is based on one reference point. To my knowledge, Diredapples & RowanBrandon have never taken the PM test.
-The Pacific figure was really easy to get. There were only two reference points, whose economic PM scores were +4.02 & +4.00.
-The Midwestern figure was a pain to get. PBrunsel, to my knowledge, has never done the PM test, so I based it off his PC score.

So the Northeast is the most conservative region, however we are actually predominantly a party of libertarians and moderates. Interesting, I sort of expected us to be more conservative generally.
Smid
Junior Chimp
Australia

« Reply #17 on: January 12, 2009, 10:55:41 PM »

The midwest seems to be the most libertarian.
Smid
Junior Chimp
Australia

« Reply #18 on: January 23, 2009, 10:30:30 AM »

Congratulations on your election, Governor!
Smid
Junior Chimp
Australia

« Reply #19 on: March 10, 2009, 06:24:30 PM »

I believe DWTL will dutifully perform the responsibilities of the PPT.
Smid
Junior Chimp
Australia

« Reply #20 on: March 23, 2009, 09:54:13 AM »

I recognised my comments on taxation there! I recognise them, having initially stolen them from a couple of other sources...
Smid
Junior Chimp
Australia

« Reply #21 on: October 03, 2009, 02:29:29 AM »

I didn't cast a vote, so would anyone object to me casting the deciding vote in favour of Milwaukee, in MasterJedi's homestate of Wisconsin?
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies