Have you ever flew First Class or Business Class on a commercial jet before? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 15, 2024, 03:04:48 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Have you ever flew First Class or Business Class on a commercial jet before? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: Have you?
International First Class

Business Class (the Middle Class on a 3-class plane)

Nope

I never can afford/never been to even get on the plane!

Commercial Flight?  that. I am a wealthy aristrocrat(businessman, senior professional,entertainer,politician) and can fly alone. I also can afford to eat 30 meals, but keep my girlish figure through the vomitorium.

Domestic First Class

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 44

Author Topic: Have you ever flew First Class or Business Class on a commercial jet before?  (Read 7946 times)
Sbane
sbane
Atlas Icon

« on: June 27, 2008, 02:52:49 PM »

No, actually I drove through Newark two days ago
HAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAH this comment explains a lot about you. NAIVE
Sbane
sbane
Atlas Icon

« Reply #1 on: June 28, 2008, 05:51:40 AM »

And the last time you went to Newark?  It is about as impoverished as a place in America that you will find.  It hails in comparison even to Passaic and Paterson which are pretty horrendous.  I've also been to Harlem and other slums

American "slums" are pretty comfortable compared to stuff I have seen in Kolkata. After seeing that first hand you will understand true poverty. I will agree that American slums are more dangerous but Indian slums will be too after they have money to buy guns. LOL.
Sbane
sbane
Atlas Icon

« Reply #2 on: June 28, 2008, 03:33:44 PM »

And the last time you went to Newark?  It is about as impoverished as a place in America that you will find.  It hails in comparison even to Passaic and Paterson which are pretty horrendous.  I've also been to Harlem and other slums

Go to Detroit. That's about as bad as it gets.
I can't say I've been there, but I can imagine.  Newark is a slum though
I don't know what these people are talking about but they've obviously have never been to certain parts of Newark.

Which people?
Whoever believes Newark doesnt have poverty.

It doesn't. You don't know what poverty is.
Yea....you try going into Newark and say they have it good. Both the conditions that you must be thinking of and that I am thinking of are both unexcusable Don't give me this "you don't know real poverty" BS. 

Dude things that are taken for granted in Newark are not available in slums all over the world. At least 95% of the people in Newark have running water and access to a bathroom right? Yeah that is a luxury in slums all over the world. Again like I said Newark is a dangerous place but it is nowhere close to being the most impoverished place on earth.
Sbane
sbane
Atlas Icon

« Reply #3 on: June 28, 2008, 03:35:55 PM »

Why the hell do any of us have to explain ourselves to a 13 year old like Xahar? Go back to the kiddy table and eat your chicken fingers, the grown-ups are trying to have a conversation.

Wow nice reasoning. Very logical.
Sbane
sbane
Atlas Icon

« Reply #4 on: June 28, 2008, 05:18:41 PM »

And the last time you went to Newark?  It is about as impoverished as a place in America that you will find.  It hails in comparison even to Passaic and Paterson which are pretty horrendous.  I've also been to Harlem and other slums

Go to Detroit. That's about as bad as it gets.
I can't say I've been there, but I can imagine.  Newark is a slum though
I don't know what these people are talking about but they've obviously have never been to certain parts of Newark.

Which people?
Whoever believes Newark doesnt have poverty.

It doesn't. You don't know what poverty is.
Yea....you try going into Newark and say they have it good. Both the conditions that you must be thinking of and that I am thinking of are both unexcusable Don't give me this "you don't know real poverty" BS. 

Dude things that are taken for granted in Newark are not available in slums all over the world. At least 95% of the people in Newark have running water and access to a bathroom right? Yeah that is a luxury in slums all over the world. Again like I said Newark is a dangerous place but it is nowhere close to being the most impoverished place on earth.
I'm not making a case that it is one of the most impoverished places on earth. It has poverty. It meets its definition and any normal person would agree.

It's time we end all this, this is America, no one is poor or neglected bull. This is reality...granted it's not like those found in Africa or elsewhere, but it's still poverty.
[/quote]

DWTL was trying to say that he had seen all the poverty he needed to see by driving through Newark and that is just naive and I pointed that out. I am not saying that the people in Newark are not impoverished and that they are not hurting. Their problems are different from those in slums in Asia and Africa. They need better schools and less drugs. In the third world the slums would be happy with just some water and food. I am not trying to make moral equivalancies or any s**t like that since people in all slums are hurting. I was just pointing out the differences.
Sbane
sbane
Atlas Icon

« Reply #5 on: June 28, 2008, 06:25:21 PM »

I don't want to read 3 pages of stuff. What are we talking about now?
13 year old Xahar trying to give life lessons

I dont know how old you are buddy but Xahar is a lot less naive than you are.
Sbane
sbane
Atlas Icon

« Reply #6 on: June 28, 2008, 07:32:02 PM »

Obviously he was talking about Dhaka this whole thread so wtf is your point?
Sbane
sbane
Atlas Icon

« Reply #7 on: June 28, 2008, 07:38:20 PM »

That he's rich and out of touch as his denying that newark/detroit are poor shows.

No he never said Newark/Detroit were not poor. He was saying that the poverty in Dhaka is way more intense than in American slums. I mean American slums actually have buildings, running water and toilets. Cannot say that about many slums around the world.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies