Catholic Church spending big money fighting marijuana legalization (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 14, 2024, 06:35:04 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Discussion
  Religion & Philosophy (Moderator: Okay, maybe Mike Johnson is a competent parliamentarian.)
  Catholic Church spending big money fighting marijuana legalization (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Catholic Church spending big money fighting marijuana legalization  (Read 3205 times)
Leinad
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.03, S: -7.91

« on: November 04, 2016, 03:27:42 AM »

Much as I disagree with numerous Catholic doctrines, I applaud them for not caving into what's "popular" and standing for what's right on this issue.

The Catholic Church is not a political lobbying group. Hell, they can have their position and mention it and still Stand For What's RightTM, but this is not that.

What they're doing here is this: they have money they could use to clothe the poor, feed the hungry, heal the sick (including those with addiction problems), etc.--but no, they're using it to fund laws that put people in jail (often breaking families apart) for non-violent "crimes," make marijuana usage more dangerous due to lack of regulation, and don't do anything to actually help the serious problem of addiction.

You shouldn't applaud, you should be appalled.

(Also ftr "wrong side of history" is a ridiculously annoying cliche. I hope "history" decides against using it one of these days.)
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies