Perez removing Ellison supporters from DNC (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 14, 2024, 09:44:55 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Perez removing Ellison supporters from DNC (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Perez removing Ellison supporters from DNC  (Read 4997 times)
Torie
Moderators
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -4.70

« on: October 19, 2017, 07:34:48 AM »

When did I ever downplay anyone's racism? Most rural White people are racists. Yes, it's true. I never denied that.
it's unfortunate that you believe that.  Thankfully it's not true.

(unless you have a really really stupidly broad definition of racism where pretty much everybody is a little racist, fine, whatever, but it's kind of a meaningless term at that point)

That is part of the whole syndrome. Many rural whites I suspect feel that they are viewed as HP's by the cosmopolitans, and that just exacerbates the problem. It's like a teacher who decides a student is a bad boy, and expects him to be a bad boy, so the student tries to live up to the teacher's expectations by being a brat. In my neck of the woods, often persons of color and the white working class align on local issues, against the white gentry, for what it is worth. Things are far more complex than this broad brush labeling. I don't like broad brush labeling in general in fact.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies