Predict who will be elected governor in Nov 2014 in each of the following states (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 26, 2024, 05:37:34 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Gubernatorial/State Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  Predict who will be elected governor in Nov 2014 in each of the following states (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Predict who will be elected governor in Nov 2014 in each of the following states  (Read 11046 times)
JerryArkansas
jerryarkansas
YaBB God
United States

« on: July 19, 2013, 05:10:44 PM »

Here are my predictions on who'll get elected governor in the respective states in 2014:
Texas (my homestate)-OPEN (now that Perry is not seeking 4th term): State AG Greg Abbott (R), who has won 5 consecutive statewide elections in 1996 and he's likely serving 2 terms from Jan. 20, 2015 to Jan. 17, 2023 because I don't see him breaking Perry's 14-year record anytime soon.

Alabama-Bob Bentley (R-incumbent): no Democrat has won the governorship since 1998 nor won statewide office since 2006, so enough said. GOP HOLD.

Arizona-OPEN (Brewer barred from seeking 2nd full four-year term despite serving out Napolitano's term): AZ Secy of State Ken Bennett (R).

Alaska-Sean Parnell (R-incumbent)

Arkansas-OPEN: Asa Hutchison (R): the AR Dems are so disorganized and imploding (due to losing both chambers of the Arkansas General Assembly to the GOP in 2012) including former AR State Treasurer Martha Shoffner (D) resigning from office due to taking kickbacks, etc.,

California-Jerry Brown (D-incumbent) winning 4th term: I'm betting in 2018, State AG Kamala Harris (D) replaces him as governor while Newsome goes for US Senator (avoiding primary bloodbath).

Colorado-John Hickenlooper (D-incumbent) secures 2nd term, but barely.

Georgia-Nathan Deal (R-incumbent): the GA Dems' best shot would be in 2018.

Florida-Former Gov. Charlie Crist (D) regains his old job and wins again in 2018, becoming Florida's first 3-term governor (he previously served 1 term from 2007-2011).

Hawaii-Abercrombie (D-incumbent)

Illinois-Bill Daley (D): Quinn is too hated and despised.

Nevada-Brian Sandoval (R-incumbent)

New Mexico-Susana Martinez (R-incumbent): although it won't surprise me if she runs for the US Senate in 2018.

NY State-Cuomo (D) wins by a bigger margin than 2010 (maybe get 70 percent) in 2014 and runs for the White House in 2016.

Maryland-OPEN: Anthony G. Brown (D) becomes the Old Line State's first African American governor and the nation's 4th African American governor in the post-reconstruction era following Wilder (VA), Patrick (MA) and Paterson (NY State).

Oregon-John Kitzhaber (D-incumbent) wins re-election, hopefully with 55 percent or more.

Oklahoma-Mary Fallin (R-incumbent) wins BIG again, sweeping 77 counties in 2014. However, once Coburn retires from the Senate in 2016, it wouldn't shock me if the GOP recruits her to run for the US Senate.

Wisconsin-Scott Walker (R-incumbent) wins by one of the biggest landslide margins since Tommy Thompson in 1998.

First off, welcome to the Forum, and I like your predictions except for one thing, Arkansas.  With Bill Halter dropping out soon and avoiding a bloody primary, I think he can win it.  I also think the dems have a chance to retake the house chamber with a lot of reps being todd akin types.
JerryArkansas
jerryarkansas
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #1 on: August 03, 2013, 06:09:17 PM »

Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies